Verification: 355 Wheels on a 348 | FerrariChat

Verification: 355 Wheels on a 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by Action_Item, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Action_Item

Action_Item Rookie

Oct 4, 2003
    Chicago, IL USA
    Full Name:
    Todd Short
    I too have wondered and discussed with others the possibility of 355 wheels on a 348. Although i do not have mine on yet, here is a pic of a 1990 348TS with the 355 wheels so everyone can see for themselves that it does work. Using 348 lug bolts to put them on is another story...

2. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    If you need different lug bolts, let me know. I stock Hill Engineering's upgraded lug bolts and have both 348 and 355 parts in stock. If you need spacers or custom lengths, I can help you with that, too, but not from stock; they would have to be ordered, but lead time is like 3-4 days.

Also, I am in Michigan, so not far from you. PM me or e-mail at [email protected] if I can be of help.

Best regards,
    Brent Cardani

3. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    #3 worth it, Dec 9, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    looks like your car sits now higher than normal. Is that just my perception?

5. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    I did not measure height differeneces from before and after. However, the photo was taken on a driveway with an incline. The rear is on the flat and the front is already on the higher part of the driveway.

Ride clearance around town is as bad as it was before the wheel change but the performance value has improved.

6. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
  7. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    What you are saying is for another $3000 I can have drilled rotors, pads and painted calipers.

I know what the cosmetics differences would be but what / how much performance difference would be gained ??