98.5 pt. concours 365 daytona gtb | FerrariChat

98.5 pt. concours 365 daytona gtb

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by msdesignltd, Dec 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey Guys, I have located a 365 gtb daytona that I may purchase pronto. This car was shown in the french quarter concours event in 2003. I am told it scored a 98.5 and recieved a platinum award. the car is in california and I am in New York...Does anyone know if any photos exist from this event of this Red/Tan Daytona...ID 15453.. Thanks Michael
    also any lists of what cars were shown and what they scored at this event!

2. 4rebob

4rebob Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Full Name:
    Robert Taylor
  3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    This car was next to mine at the judging. I spoke with Mr. Baldwin the day before at the track. The car looks great and seemed very nice to me although I did not look at it with an eye toward buying. It is/was not in Ca. recently, I believe he is a dealer and hasnt registered it in his state. I encourage you to look at it in person, it looked great to me. I foolowed him on the highway and it looked good on the road.
    Malcolm

4. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That photo page is disabled, maybe the address is wrong , could you try to repost...He claims it is a 98.5 point concours car, can anyone verify it
    Thanks Michael

5. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I can tell you that this car is outstanding, cosmetically and mechanically. (I remember it having a very special motor). I've judged it in the past as a platinum car.

Also, Mr. Baldwin, has been around a long time. He is a longtime Ferrari owner, and autocollector and has an very good reputation within the national Ferrari community. He is very knowledgable. and particularly honest. You can take as fact what he tells you. This is his personal car and to my knowledge was not bought to sell.

I'm actually disappointed he's thinking of selling it and it will leave Louisiana.

6. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thank You for your honest reply, I am working through a broker at the moment, BUT...I do have a Deposit on it, I have a local to that area inspector looking at it this afternoon, I am sure he will find little or no Fault.. Hopefully it will be in my possesion shortly..Will keep you all posted. FINGERS AND WALLET CROSSED! Michael