David Mann's motorcycle | FerrariChat

David Mann's motorcycle

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robert biscan, Dec 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I just got back from Kansas City with David's bike. It is an old pan/shovel hardtail chopper. He is a famous illustrator for easyrider mag. He owned the bike for 36 years and is sick and broke. I paid way too much for the bike but wanted to help him out. Does anybody here know him? Many of the Harley riders may.

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
  3. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Why don't you touch base with the Petersen museum folks and see if they could take the bike off your hands and perhaps buy some of his illustrations for the museum, to help him out? (Or perhaps the Barber museum, if not the Petersen).

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I thought of the Peterson museum as well. The bike is in several or many centerfolds as well as his wife Jackie. David himself is in quite a few as well. He has some oringinal artwork but the oriiginal centerfolds are owned by the magazine. He didn't have any at his house. He did have one he was working on and if he can finish it ,he will sell to the mag. Some of the artwork he has is not biker related for which he is known for.