Horn on a 355 | FerrariChat

Horn on a 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lotusk, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    When pressed my horn sounds really feeble,
    not a loud blast as is needed. Is this normal for a 1995 355?

2. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    That's the way they are...

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Yeah I've always thought mine was pretty crappy too.

Upgradeable ???

4. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    It's incredible to me that a car that cost over $100k when new in 1995 would be fitted with a horn that performs like a $10 childs toy.
    Tell me its not so

5. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is it the sound/tone of the horn that you think is a wimpy toot toot? Or do you think that the tone is fine, but just not as blaringly loud as you would like?

I personally like the traditional Ferrari air horn toot toot, but I guess some might want a more beastly sound. If it is the volume of the horn that concerns you, then maybe (?) there might be a problem of some sort. I'm not sure if you've compared your sound to other F-cars, but all of them that I've heard (328, 355, 550) have the same horn sound. With the exception of the 360 and Enzo (whose horns I haven't heard), which I guess have used different horns for some reason.

On the subject of the 360's horn, some owners have switched/upgraded to the traditional Ferrari sound with an aftermarket horn (of the same make as OEM Ferrari, FIAMM) which might or might not be louder--I'm not sure. But, there is a lot of discusion on this on the old board, so perhaps you might want to search those archives.

-Eric