Noooo!! My Stradale didn't survive the trip! | FerrariChat

Noooo!! My Stradale didn't survive the trip!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Dec 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Got the long-awaited call from my dealer (my Stradale has been on the water a really long time now)... unfortunately, it was bad news. Something happened to my car! No joy for Brian. :(

Now the earliest I might get a car is March!! No track driving until then, either!! I think I'll be spending some money at the cart places the next few months. :(

Guess I wasn't a good boy this year... probably got coal coming in my stocking, too.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

2. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Wow,
    That I seriously sad news.
    What the hell happened.
    Did the container fall off the boat or something.

Look on the bright side
    At least it will be all shiney and new for the new season.

3. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    What happened? How can being on a ship screw up a car when just about every other car is also brought over on a ship? Come on, give us the low-down.

Sorry about the bad news, but you will forget it all within 15 minutes of being in your new car, whenever that happens. :)

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im sorry for you ! I can only imagine how sad and pissed off you must be right now !!

What happened ????

5. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Damn, Brian, I am really sorry that happened.

What are the details? Not that they matter, but we are all just curious, since we have all been living with your infectious anticipation!!!

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Terrible news! That really blows. Had a friend waiting for a BMW on the ship that sank in the English Channel (if memory serves). Hope they can find a replacement soon.

Gary

7. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    I hope this is not a story where the dealer decided to sell the car at a premium to another customer?

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Brian,

horrible horrible news! Give us the low-down if you can. Were other cars on the ship affected? How much damage was done, etc?

Also, is FNA / the dealer going to make it up to you in any way? Do they increase production by one, or does someone get the shaft?

--Dan

9. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I hope they put you at the top of the list!

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    geez, that really sucks. Let us know what happened. Maybe the car wasn't securred enough & hit another car during transport. Makes you wonder how many times this happens & customers are never told.

11. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    We need details!!! Did it start the trip and not make it or never got on the boat?

12. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I hope this is not the case!

Brian - sorry to hear of the news... that is really a shame! Is March delivery the earliest you can get your car?... or maybe it's because you've made a number of customizations that require a complete re-order.

Either way, that's tough to hear. Good luck with everything.

Byron

13. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    why wouldn't they just give you the next possible build slot if the car was screwed up while in FNA's control?

you'd have a car delivered a lot sooner than march......

something doesn't smell right, dude.

doody.

14. f355

f355 Karting

Oct 5, 2002
    I don't buy it. Sounds very fishy to me. Please name dealer and maybe we can get the low down. I bet that car has been sold to someone else.

15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Hate to be cynical, but sounds like the dealer is handing you some BS. If there is one thing I have learned, it's to never trust an exotic car dealer.

16. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yeah, or just at MSRP to one of their "preferred" customers.

I have chosen to refuse to speculate that. Because, if I do, then I get angry and disgusted with Ferrari... to the point that my love of Ferrari would be severely reduced... to the point that going to a Ferrari event would hold no charm... to the point that [sigh]... don't want to go there!

However, the dealer had no details to give me on the car's demise... so, it definitely makes me wonder... definitely is suspicious... but as I have said, I don't want to wonder that.

However, if any of you hear of a Titanium Stradale being delivered during the last few or the next few weeks, please let me know... although I refuse to speculate that, if there is evidence of that, I want to know!

As for the resolution... yes, I am put on the top of the list... but there is evidently no Titanium Stradale's in the works... so, mine must start from the beginning of the factory flow... they could have gotten me a Rosso car much quicker. I'm still surprised that requires the full three months, though... seems like they could expedite the car if it is such an exceptional case... its just a few days through the factory, right? I don't have time today, but I'm going to go visit my dealer tomorrow and push a bit.

Heart-broken,

Brian

17. pdiack

pdiack Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Definitely sounds suspicious - I know cars get damaged during transport but it seems quite odd that your car was a total writeoff. I'd definitely hunt down any Titanium cars that are being delivered shortly (it would appear that color is rare for an already rare car - so it couldn't be hard to uncover).

18. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    First of all, I feel your pain, it sucks when you have been waiting in anticipation for so long. I respect that you refuse to speculate as to whether the car was sold to someone else. I'd still want to know since you are giving the dealer some really nice business and you could take it elsewhere.

I'd innocently ask to see the car, hear what damage it had? you did after all wait for the car for a long time and you just want to see the baby that could have been yours.

did you sign a contract? do you have a VIN number? if this car was not damaged, but sold to another person, you may want to talk to a law-monger.

reminded me that I need to call the harley dealer about the bike I ordered in September... I think he tried the bait and switch on me when he said it hadn't arrived yet, but they had a bunch in stock.

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Is there any way you can get the VIN to trace it just in case it will be sold to someone else at a higher premium?

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Damn, Brian.

It would be REALLY interesting to see if a Titanium Stradale miraculously appears in Texas soon...

21. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    They called me up and said my titanium Stradale has arrived early. :)

You did order the full leather not the suede, right?

22. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Brian, the only advice I can give you is to come join us Saturday night. If ever there were a group of people that can feel your pain, it's us!

23. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    No, sorry, you're stuck with the black/red alcantara. ;)
    You can probably get that changed out though.

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If they say "la merda accade,"* but you find out there was some hanky-panky, tell 'em "Tua madre si da per niente!"**

* - **** happens
    ** - Your mother gives it away!

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

25. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Something's fishey I think.