Van Halen's new album | FerrariChat

Van Halen's new album

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Dec 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Just heard on the radio yesterday that VH is regrouping, finally. Sammy will return for vocals & Roth will also have a part in the vocals. Way to go guys , its about time

2. mikey

mikey Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    #2 mikey, Dec 11, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ya. And all Ferrari's have timing chains.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    They must be low on the cash funds.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Sammys Boxer needs a 30k!

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I thought Eddie has terminal throat cancer & he would never work with Sammy & "Dime bag" Dave again.

6. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    That band's never been the same since Eddie started tinkering with the keyboards. I think that had much more to do with their sell-out than losing DLR. I like the pre-1984 Van Halen stuff much more than the stuff with the synthesizers. It's not that I don't like the new Van Halen, I just like the old one better.

They fooled DLR once when they made the "Best of Van Halen" compilation CD... I doubt he'll fall for it again. Sammy, maybe.

7. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

LOL, Jim!!!!

8. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Nobody notified this office of anything. There is no way both Eddie and Sammy can get along w/Diamond Dave. If it happens, I'm flying to wherever the first show is because there won't be a second. VH ROCKS!

9. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    If you ever get a chance, check out the Atomic Punks. These guys are unreal. Nothing but early VH from the best musicians around.

Jim

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This very well may be true. There have been alot of rumors flying around about VH finally getting their act together. They (I beleive) have a new record deal and manager. But not with Warner Bros. I just hope Ed has got is personal act together,with the drinking and smoking. The band was good in both eras but the guitar work was much better with Roth. But there are alot of stellar tunes with Sammy aswell. It will be interesting to see what Ed has come up with over that last 4 years.

11. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    That would be insane! If Roth comes back I kind of equate that to Rodman refoining the Lakers. He may help a little but not worth the trouble. I hope VH rejoins in some capacity. Eddie is the most talented musician of this generation. If you don't believe me throw in the original Van Halen album.

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nah..Roth I don't think can do it anymore. There's no way he would beable to do those scream things he does anymore with out sounding silly. Sammy can still sing and he still tours and put out albums. I think he would be much better live then Roth. But hey it's only my opinion,worth what ya paid for it.

Ed is a very talented artist. But I don't know if his type of music goes over very well with all the crap thats out there now. Unfortunatly people just don't know what real music is anymore. There so used to peopl ripping off other peoples tunes that it has become the norm.

Even if they did come out with a new album I don't think it will sell that well. Only because of the way the industry is now. If you an't hot and you an't singing to a recording or lip syncing then you ani't gonna make it. Totally unfortunate to say the least. The real artist are getting the shaft while the wanna be's are raking in the cash on the songs that the real artist's originaly wrote. How is that fair?

I so hope this happends we need some real music.

13. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    but I think because of the state of music that is why VH needs to come back. Dave is in great shape I saw him and Sammy on their tour last summer. Ed may be a different story. Dave is kinda like the Vegas Roth now, far less active. But he looks good (except for the hair). Anyways, no album is needed, I just want to see the pre 1984 stuff rehashed on stage again. Any chance to see "Unchained" performed by the original lineup will make my life complete. I will be posting my license plate shortly so stay tuned.

Jimmy

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I read an article recently about rock starts and their cars, Sammy has several, including the black Boxer in the can't drive 55 video.

They said the interior was thrashed.

Sammy just quoted Enzo, saying the cars were "Meant to be driven." :)

15. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    I heard his Boxer looks like a coyote got inside! My brother (slag328 )restored his 328 interior. It now looks looks better than the day it left the factory. I think he's posted pics on this site somewhere.

16. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I think something is definitely going to happen, but until it's officially announced, I'll keep my excitement down. VH fans are the most tortured fans over the past 8 years. Let's hope this is real.
    KS

17. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Need avatar though!

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Not so fast, that's the usual speculation...

If anybody's going to ride into the sunset with brothers Eddie and Alex, it'll be Eddie's kid, Wolfgang Van Halen.
    "This cat is more talented than anyone I've ever met. He sings like a mofo. When his balls drop he's going to be my lead singer. This mutha****a can sing anything".

He's 12, though - can't imagine these guys waiting that long...

By the way, the official Van Halen Website was last updated on Wednesday, 5/15/02, 6:47 PM PST

(and you thought FNA was slow...)

19. VH5150

VH5150 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    You may have all you want baby, but I got something you need! Oh yeah!

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yeah you have the "New Kids suck your kok & assorted Fudgepackers" but Aerosmith is flourishing so I think there is plenty of hope for VH