Cool 355 Carbon Fiber pieces | FerrariChat

Cool 355 Carbon Fiber pieces

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Dec 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    While in Florida I picked up some cool 355 pieces from a friend of mine. He is getting the pieces from Japan. One piece goes in the little nook by the E-brake, the other is a carbon fiber floorboard piece for the passanger side. Ill post pics when i get home. He said he is expecting many more pieces.

2. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Or people could just buy from F-chat sponsor Valence USA (or one of their distributors like DexM) and get a part that's made here in the US while supporting the community.

3. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    I am very interested in these items...please post pics or email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!!

TTG

4. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Alan post the pix and does he do retail?

BTW - having lived in HI was wondering if you had any problems being pulled over in the 355 and Lambo for a front plate? Use to happen to me all the time.....

5. Gregg Willhoit

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Gregg Willhoit
    Brent, last time I checked Valence had not made any F355 pieces which were for sale, and generally available. Judging from your response, you must have information to the contrary. This is good new! When did Valence start selling a line of F355 Carbon Fiber parts?

6. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    We have been carrying Valence's line since late August. I believe that was when F355 parts started to become available. Granted, new parts are being developed literally every week, so the list may not yet be comprehensive. Shift paddles for the 355 F1 have been available for some time, as well as door sills and engine side covers. If there is anything you would like, let me know. Also, if there is a part you would like to have made that doesn't exist yet, let us know that, too, and we can see what it takes to get it made.

I look forward to hearing from you.

7. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Brent - I too was awaiting....did not see anything on your web last time I checked....

8. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Knew about Valance paddles but did not know about sills...I think most people are waiting for door handles and center consol stuff due to the "meltdown" effect.

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I know this is not about the 355, but for all you 360 owners, this might interest you. I have been working with Chris at Valence, he is finishing up all the 360 interior parts, and air boxes for me, planning to ship them out to me on Monday. I will post pictures as soon as they are installed. Chris is a great guy to work with, I'm sure if you ask, they will make you what you want.

10. Gregg Willhoit

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Gregg Willhoit
    Door handles and the center console. Are they available?
    They seem to be very much in demand due to the "meltdown"
    effect.
    Thanks

11. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    I'll check on the door handles. As for the console, I know it's in the works. I'll get a lead time and post it here later today. Thanks for everyone's interest.

12. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    OK, everyone, here's the update on 355 parts:

1.) The "upper" console is ready now. This is the part with the radio bezel and gauge surround.
    2.) The main part of the center console is in process, but no lead time is established yet because Valence is using 100% of capacity to build actual customer orders for their other parts. If anyone wants this part quickly, contact me to discuss ordering and we can get it moved up in the queue (I know it's a "chicken & egg" thing - don't want to order until part is available/reluctant to make parts without orders). If anyone is interested I will gladly do whatever I can to help.
    3.) Door handles and HVAC vents are in the planning stage. These will be available in the future, but are not yet being actively worked on.

As always, the shift paddles, door sills and engine side covers are all available now. As for other models, the 360 interior kit will be available starting next Monday, as well as 360 airboxes. 348 airboxes are coming soon, too.

Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service.

Best regards,
    Brent

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Brent, because of your stupid response, ill make sure that the prices i get are far below yours. Lets see, carbon sills from you 450+, ill make them 350.00 .

I specificly made a post on products that do not interfere with any of the Valance products. Due to your response, ill make sure to offer any and all products.

The floor boards are also available in black/red crabon weave. Ill post pics asap.

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Allan,
    No need to create price wars... I think it's great that you have a part that is not currently being offered by anyone else. I happen to think Valence is great as well, but if there's a part that you can offer the community that is not being designed/manufactured, why not?

I wouldn't let one response steer you awry... with that said, I'd love to see the pictures of the floor boards...

Byron

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Wait, so Allen, did you get to drive the Koeninnnnnnseg ? :)

how was the 360?

16. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
  17. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Allan, Like to see what you've got. Lets see the pics.

18. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    #18 FL 355, Dec 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It seems that anyone making carbon fiber would jump on the 355 market, as that is the segment that needs it the most and would generate the highest amount of revenue / sales.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Allan,

Sorry if you took great offense at my post - just looking out for my own business interests. I'd think everyone would agree that's a fair thing to do in our society and in this economy. That said, I welcome the competition; it keeps us all honest.

Also, we've exchanged posts in the past on this board and others, and I always welcome your input and enjoy hearing your thoughts and experiences on F-Cars and Lambos. I honestly wasn't trying to create any hostility. I respect your views, your opinions and support your right to sell a competing product.

Having said that, I hope we can co-exist in a spirit of "friendly competition" here on F-Chat. I don't harbor any hard feelings and I hope you'll accept this as a formal apology if I offended you with my post. I look forward to maintaining friendly and professional realtions here on the board.

Best regards,
    Brent

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No problem Brent, im sure we can work together, and maybe even help one another.

As for the Koenigsegg, it has not arrived here yet, i have till Tuesday, we'll see what happens. I did however get to test drive an E-gear Gallardo, which was loads of fun. When i get home, ill post pictures.

21. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Allan,

Thanks. I hope we can work together.

If you're going to be at Cavallino Classic in Florida in January let's meet up and I'll buy you a beer.

Brent

22. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    SWEET!