Cool Ferrari item on Ebay !! | FerrariChat

Cool Ferrari item on Ebay !!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FLATOUTRACING, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    #1 FLATOUTRACING, Dec 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I had a funny thought when I saw this. My wife is sensitive about me talking about my Ferrari to many of our friends because some are laid off, miserable, hate their jobs etc. I wonder if she would mind if I wore this to our next cocktail party! LOL!

Ben

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, going for subtlety, eh, Benedict...? :)

4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Des,

I think you'd look pretty cool in your convertible with that suit on. And just think it would keep you warm in those cold winter months so you could still drive with the top down.

Now all we need to do is find you a matching helmet.

Regards,

Jon

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jon,
    Thanks for the heads up... that would make a great stocking stuffer... just emailed the seller. Just my size, too!

Byron

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO, Jon... i've been riding around with the top down all week, regardless of the temperature... i want to get an adapter and some 12V Christmas lights to string around the convertible part of the car, but i don't think that'll happen... i DO have a Christmas hat i've been wearing when i drive around... i get quite a few stares; a few thumbs up but mostly women just point and laugh (nothing unusual there)... :)

If the suit is too small for you, though, it'll NEVER fit me... A helmet, well, now... that's a different story... :)

7. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Biggest problem you face is once you have the suit and the helmet you will most certainly need a matching red Ferrari.

We have a neighbor who is Russian. He spent some time in Siberia as an exhiled scientist during Soviet times.

He now works for the US government and recently bought a Porsche Boxster. I have seen him driving that darn thing with top down when it's in the mid 30's with nothing but a turtle neck and a scarf. People stare at him like he's nuts.

I guess living in Siberia with nothing more than a wood stove makes 32 degrees in Washington DC seem like a spring breeze.

Regards,

Jon

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jon, apparenty, Syberia holds the world record for colDESt place on earth, with a bone-chilling, recorded temperature of something along the lines of -170+...! i remember reading about it a while ago, so the record might have changed and i can't guarantee the exact degree, but it was insane... With my Christmas hat on, my ears stay warm and, of course, i've got the heat going, full blast, so all in all, it's not that bad... If your neighbor lived in Syberia though, i wouldn't be surprised to see him cruising around in a t-shirt with the a/c, drinking a chocolate shake from Carvel...! :)

9. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    When my wife was preganat with our twins, she used to drive around with the windows down drinking ice water, and it was ~20°F outside. And she complained the whole time that she was hot.