Video Clips... | FerrariChat

Video Clips...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok... i have a few short video clips that i took in New Orleans while at the FFQC... They're more along the lines of audio clips with a visual, since i only recorded them for the sounds: 360GT, 550, Enzo, F50, etc... How the hell do i upload these things...? They're saved as MPGs... Looks like they open up in Windows Media Player... i'm pretty sure that they're far too large to email to anyone, so any advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks... :)

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You'll need to find a server, I have pretty tight file size requirements, it would have to be like a 10-20 second video only to be allowed. Actually, I don't have mpg's even allowed right now. I'll turn them on in a minute and put a 500k limit.

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok, just tried attaching one, but to no avail... It did the same thing it did before you started allowing MPGs... i browse, get the file, click add attachment and it just sits there, doing nothing... Then, finally, the location in browse line disappears... These aren't some award-winning clips, i just wanted to share them... The clip i tried uploading was exactly 30 seconds long... i would imagine that, even at such short a length, the file size would be bigger than 500k... i'll try to find a server thingie watchamacallit whatever to get this thing up... Otherwise, if everyone here would just go out and buy a Sony CyberShot digital camera, i could snail mail the memory sticks to someone and they could watch the clips, then mail them on to the next person, etc., etc.... :)

Thanks for your help, though, Rob... i figured they might be too big, but no big deal...

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Dan,
    If Rob's solution doesn't work, let me know. I can temporarily host them on the Ferrari Driving Club domain for you.

Byron

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Byron, that would be awesome, thanks...! Yeah, the files seemed to be too big to upload here... i don't want to inconvenience the FDC, but if temporarily hosting them isn't a problem, i'd really appreciate it... They've just got some really cool sounds with, of course, some awesome scenery... :)

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I thought you only had one of the Enzo backing out at the Concourse! That was the only one you showed me. So you have been holding out on me huh! :) I think I need to find those Bourbon Street pics.

7. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    I can host them DES. How u planning to send them over?

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    There ya go Matt! Nice leverage:)

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris