Windshield replacement for TRs | FerrariChat

Windshield replacement for TRs

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Tifoso1, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    My 91 TR has a windshield ding on it that is beyond repaire. I am being told that the factory only have windshields without build-in antenas now. Unless I am willing to put in an after-market windshield, which may have a potential fitment issue, I will be down to the CD player or the original Flat-12 soundtrack, courtesy of Ferrari Engineering Department (Can't go wrong with either choices here). My questions are: Does anyone know the truth to the factory discountinuing the windshield and which choice would you make and why. TIA and hope you all have a nice and safe weekend.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Anthony -- I just went thru this hassle myself. It took 6 months to get a TR windshield with an antenna (although it's a little different in that it's a single antenna wire that runs up the RH side, across the top, and then down the center). It also has a black border at the side edges and at the bottom. I've got the supplier info at home (Nordglass or something) so I'll post it later. I asked if it was actually a 512TR windshield (which is my guess), but my glass shop said it also still cross-referenced to the old TR windshield PN.

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.

Thanks Steve. Is it from the factory? Does it have the Ferrari emblem on the windshield?

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    You might also try Ferrari UK....though being a newer car, they may not be able to assist you

5. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Thanks Dave, I shall give it a try.

6. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ANT

TRY ON MONDAY, WWOC IN NY..845 425 2600 ASK FOR DEAN IN PARTS, TELL HIM I SENT YA

BRUCE

7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    No, it doesn't have the cavallino rampante insignia in the glass label printing (which is done very nicely in black). The manufacturer is NordGlass, and the glass shop gave me this information:

Supplier # HT 009772TN (although they were unsure of the supplier? Locan?)

and

NordGlass XWS 3444 BZ ANT (with the "BZ" meaning bronze coloration, and the "ANT" con antenna)

The printing on the glass itself has another number:

NordGlass 43R-00340 (and some DOT jibberish)

I was in the same situation -- the local F dealer flatly said sans antenna was the only one available.