How long!!!!! | FerrariChat

How long!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by HMS, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Hello gentlemen, I am brand new to this forum and very much would like to be a Ferrari owner. So, I walked into my local F car dealer here in So Cali and was very nicely told that I would have to wait at least four and a half years to get a 360 Spyder 6 speed.....it was a little more for an F1. I know I can pay a nice premium and get the car now. It's not just the money, I just have a thing about paying more than MSRP for any car. So, I left my deposit and walked out with a pink receipt for my car. Now, I am having secong thoughts about waiting soooo long. Can anyone recommend an authorized dealer in the US that has a shorter wait than 4-5 years?? Thanks

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    TRY STEVE HARRIS IMPORTS...ASK FOR SEAN HARRIS IN UTAH

HE MIGHT TELL YOU THE SAME THING, BUT HE IS TRUSTWORTHY AND IS A GENTLEMAN...AND WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH.........

BRUCE

3. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    if your waiting for 4 years then you ain't getting one, you will get the replacement, I think if you go on the list you have to do it at the dealer in your state, otherwise you are looking at a slightly used one.

4. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Why am i limited to CA?? Is this a Ferrari issue or state?

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I think that you 'have' to buy from the dealer nearest you, or at least the car will be delivered there. Something about territory infringement maybe?

A friend of mine got put on the list for the replacement of the 360 Spider and was also told 3.5-4 years.

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Do you have to have a new one? There are used ones
    out there...

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Brian, do you know anyone with a used 360 for sale? :)

8. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Brian,I don't mind if it has some miles..under 2K...but I really don't want to pay more than msrp especially on a used car.

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Frankly, coming into the market at this stage for that car, i would regard the notion of MSRP as a fiction, since, for all practical purposes, 3-4 years is like never. The real "retail" price is what cars available for delivery are selling for; so far, 360 spiders seem to be holding value above list price, and winter won't last that long. While there may be value in being on the list for a car that will deliver 4 years hence, it won't do much to put you behind the wheel of a car.

10. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    HMS,
    Check out the online listing of 360's for sale at Dupont Registry:
    http://snipurl.com/3e7h
    Believe it or not, there are "191" - 360s listed FOR SALE!!!!!
    Someone's bound to be willing to deal on a newer 6 speed Spider.