Average Income of new Ferrari owner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Average Income of new Ferrari owner

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mr. green, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwood1969

dwood1969 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    David Wood
    For my 99 550 I got a loan at 4.5% for 60 months from the Credit Union. The loan was for less than half but I figured that I could do better with the rest of the money in other investments (fingers crossed).

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Before I went ahead and did so.......would anyone here be personally offended if I posted the financial demographics of "new" MB purchasers ? I have the info at hand.

Oh...wait...it's a Gary Green post. Forget it......

3. Sensational1

Sensational1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Michael Basic
    Personally, I am interested in the numbers.

Additionally, do you guys have some rule of thumb you stick in regards to what percent of your income you spend on a vehicle, or like what percentage of your house your car should be at most? Strictly out of curiosity.

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

GO BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD QUESTION " WHATS THE AVERAGE INCOME OF A FERRARI OWNER"

MY ANSWER......NOT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS...MR GREEN

5. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Wellington,

I asked for the average Income of a Ferrari owner, I didn't ask you personally. What makes you think your so Important!

6. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    100k will do it? I was thinking someting like 200k+

7. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I pull in a mil. / year, but i blow it all on expensive paintings and furniture. oh, and my dog's got a penchant for the "haute milk bones." so, i'm stuck driving this turbo yugo. (at least it's turbo; 0-60 in 4.2 minutes.)

8. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I can't believe that there are no published studies showing the demographics of F-car owners. I would suspect that, for the brand new off the boat cars, the numbers are probably way above average, just given the price of entry. I doubt that those numbers hold up for the average owner, though, because as most of us know, the vast majority of the cars are not kilobuck museum pieces, but nice exotics that can be had by the average breadwinner who is not crushed by mortgage and childrearing costs. I am certain, given the passion we share for these cars, that there will be anomolies, like the guy who puts all his disposable income, and more into the cars, but i doubt these represent an average owner. Just as a result of doing a quick and dirty search and looking at the first hit, i came up with this: http://www.fca2004.com/Mercato/Vendor_Application.pdf

9. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I'm the only one driving this brand spanking new Enzo naked, living in a shack starving? Well this sucks! :D

10. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    So whats a good down payment 1/2 down 1/3 down etc.

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    It could be worse - you could be driving Bill H's GT2! :D :p

--Dan

12. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Hey, it could be worse... I'm stuck driving this yugo, sneaking away with my dogs gourmet "cookies." Trade ya a cookie for a ride in the enzo...

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I make a bazillion, fafillian, mamillian $ a second :)

Actually Ferrari did do a study that told them that most of their customers were under 40, and of course had a nice wad of disposable income

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes add Mr. Green to your ignore list, which you will find in your 'User CP' menu in the 'Buddy/Ignore Users option' I think. I did and thus every post of Mr. Greens from now on does not contain any content ... thus easy to ignore.

This is what we asked for and Rob has delivered! :)

Pete

15. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Lets See:
    Money for car and Insurance plus repairs, $75,000.00
    Money for Mistress to go with car, $100,000.00 (Gotta spend more on her OR ELSE)
    Money for lawyer when wife finds out about car and mistress $150,000.00 (this is a one time expense)
    2nd house in another country unknown to wife and mistress to hide the car PRICELESS!

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that a larger portion of the people buying new cars from FNA dealers are younger, especially in the past 8 years. All the young internet/tech money probably spiked their sales to nouveau riche in the past decade. The secondary market for used cars probably swings the age back up to hit around the FCA average of 52.

17. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    PSK,

If you want to Ignore my posts that's your perogative. There are some people on this board I don't like either. I would never put them on a Leper's list. Just because I don't like a person doesn't mean I can't learn
    something from them. Even a dummy like me has good Ideas sometimes.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes Mr. Green all good points ... I was really just trying to explain the feature. Consider yourself removed from my Ignore list!

Pete

19. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    Dear Mr. Green, My,or anyone else's income is none of your business. If no one replies to Mr. Green's inappropriate questions maybe he'll go away.

20. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    RDS,

Ferrari has demographics on it's customers, I am not privy to that Information. I never asked you personally how much you make, Why should you be so offended. I usually find that people who get all bent
    out of shape over things, Have something to hide.

21. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E

I don't think $200k/yr would do it for a 'brand new' Ferrari, unless you're single, childless and live in a small condo. Funny thing about income, the more you make, the more your 'lifestyle' improves. Bigger houses=higher housepayment. More money means nicer daily drivers too.

22. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    RDS
    As WM has pointed out this info is available with a simple search. If you are not interested in answering Mr. Green's questions such as "Where can one find a larger sized condom" the ignore function that you can access via clicking on /User CP/ is very useful. IMHO a more appropriate question is as "What are the true costs of owing an F car?" (About $2.50 per mile all in) as that is one members of this board can speak towards and the other is answerable with a simple search.

23. CVBJr

CVBJr Rookie

Oct 15, 2003
    Yes. Go to the USERS CP page (link in upper right corner) and select the BUDDY/IGNORE List. Copy and paste the username you wish to ignore. Presto! They're gone.

Curtis

24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The average income of an Enzo or 550/575 owner is much more than that of an average 360 owner I suspect. In any event, if you can't pay CASH for a Ferrari, you can't afford to own it ! The maintenance/repairs and other cost of ownership will overwhelm you if you're also struggling to make a $2k+ monthly payment.

25. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I think every time a name gets added to someone's IGNORE list an email gets sent to Rob and the ignored person. If Rob gets 5 such emails for the same person, then that person is BANNED !