Picked up my new 2004 360F1 last night!!! | FerrariChat

Picked up my new 2004 360F1 last night!!!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by TimF40, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1 TimF40, Dec 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    (repeated from the general thread)

I just picked up my new Titanium/Charcoal 360F1 last night from FoS! I feel like a kid in a candy shop, especially since I just walked in their dealership last Friday night to look at inventory...

I've been searching for a 360 from brokers because I couldn't fit in a 355, and 360 production is sold out. I had a line on a car in Southern CA but wanted to take one last look at what FoS had just for the heck of it, not expecting that anything would come of it. But, they were my local dealer and I would always want that relationship.

I went into FoS last Friday and examined a really cool used 2003 360 (one of our board member's). When I told them I really wanted a new 360 and that I had a line on one but wanted to check with them first, I was told that, guess what, was I in luck. The very first 2004 360 coupe was arriving the *very next day* and that the person who was on the "list", defaulted on picking it up.

Punch line: I picked up the car last night.

Here I go from being told that there was no way I could get one, except from a broker, to getting the first 2004 360 coupe in the state, all within 1 week. I feel like I just won the lottery. :)

The folks at FoS were great. Very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Great experience. Wow, I get to update my profile!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Tim,

Are you going to bring it to the Armstrong Garage and Race Shop tour tomorrow?

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes Tim, do bring her out for some "show and tell".... :)

BTW, saw Kuzi's red/tan 360 spider today...unmistakable sound of that Tubi in my driveway... :)

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Tim,

Congratulations on a fantastic Christmas gift to yourself!!! What a stroke of luck getting a brand new one.

Hope to see you at a club event in the Seattle area very soon.

Gary

PS: Tell FoS that you would like a one year free membership to the Ferrari Club. They are supposed to be doing that, since we give them free advertising in club's newsletter.

5. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Great looking steed you have there. Hope to see you at future club events....speaking of events, I do believe there is one tomorrow.

6. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Congrats,

You must be their first time buyer. If everyone knows what I mean

7. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    That is gorgeous! (It's my wife's favorite color)

Can't wait to see it on the streets around here.

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Tim,

You found one!! Congrats! She's gorgeous. Can't wait to see it in person.

9. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Tim, well done! My wife had only one stipulation about puchasing an exotic car, not red in color, and a design that can't be confused with a kit car. She loves your model, so do I. The future might just have a car like yours to join my Grigio 308, but I'll have the tan/camel interior!

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

Dr. Shelbee, that is quite funny! Can you say "Sean Harris"? :)

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There are those of us satisfied with the services FoS provide. They've been very reasonable with me so far.

Just providing another perspective.

12. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

I agree with Willis – FoS have gone out of their way to make me happy – I am pretty picky with the mechanical details of my cars and usually want to have a detailed explanation – they for example bought a device to trace noise in the suspension of my Modena and invested significant time to trace a noise most other people would have ignored or never heard – they also inspected visually the clutch of my CS because I thought that I smelled something, while they could have gotten away with simply checking the SD2 clutch wear parameter – I can not complain

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    True, there are certainly MIXED feelings about FoS. Curious why FoS doesn't sponsor/participate in more local Ferrari related events? For instance, you'd think opening up the showroom and inviting club members to watch F1 races on a big screen would potentially boost sales, no? Just getting foot traffic could mean potential business and it doesn't have to be car sales... clothing, books, toys, accessories, etc. But then again, who needs <more> business if you think you have a local monopoly.

14. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Now that I'm an "official" f-car owner, is there a web site or local publication for the local club? I'd love to begin attending events and meet everybody.

I obviously missed the "Armstrong Garage and Race Shop tour tomorrow", whatever that was. I'm actually in San Jose for the weekend on business. Yea, yea, I know: what am I doing in SJ the first weekend after picking up my car???!! I swear that I'm going to hook up a web cam on the car so I can gaze at it on trips...

At least the SJ trip won't be totally without Ferrari; I'm having lunch tomorrow with Gary B of Los Altos (another f-board member). :)

Tim

15. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    "You must be their first time buyer. If everyone knows what I mean"

Okay, I give, what's the inside joke? - Tim

16. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
    http://www.ferrariclub.com is the Northwest Region of the Ferrari Club of America web site. Good place for info, etc. FOS should pay for 1 year with the purchase of a car or you can go to the membership section of http://www.ferrariclubofamerica.com to join up.

If you send mail to me I can e-mail you the newsletter for the local region if you would like.

-dq

17. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick

You know the saying that if you have nothing nice to say you should just say nothing?

Well, if that were taken to hart and you ask a bunch of folks in the Seattle area about FOS some will praise FOS and some (like shelbee/stokpro and some others) would likely sit silently in the corner.

"Sean Harris" is another dealer and where some folks have gone to purchase a car instead of supporting the local (FOS) dealer because of their past experiences.

As with any business you'll have your own experience and the experience of others on which to build your own opinion.

-dq

18. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Sweeeet Car! The color is perfect. How about some pics out in the sun so we can see the details.

Also...today was the first day down here in FL that I had to drive with the top up. Got down to about 50 and after about 1/2 hour I said "f-it...we're puttin' the lid on." Hopefully this week will warm back up.

The "Armstrong's garage" trip looked out of this world! Willis, nice pics. Gary, that thing is nicer every time I see it.

Russ

19. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Russ,

50 degrees? We, in the NW, start to have thoughts of breaking out the shorts when it goes UP to 50. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Come up again next year and let's go for a drive.

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Speaking of breaking out the shorts at just 50 degrees, Kuzi and I rallied the 360 spider with top and windows down on Friday and it wasn't any warmer than about 52 degrees.

21. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Okay, Okay! So we're a little spoiled. We are leaving right now with the top down for a cruise over to Tampa to pick up some stuff for our Christmas party this week. I think we'll be primed for a little hot tubbing upon our return. Picked up a DVD called 50 years of Ferrari...I think we will pop that in, turn on the bubbles, sit back and relax for an hour. It's a beautiful night for a drive.

Merry Christmas to all you guys up in the cold NW!!!

See ya!

Russ and Tracey

22. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey tkinslow, I noticed that you said you couldn't fit in a 355. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? I am tall as well (6'5") and am curious as to what I could comfortably fit in.

PS - Congratulations on your new 360! =)

23. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm a little over 6'2". I've found, however, that your leg vs torso proportions have a lot to do with it. And, how well you can "scrunch". I've heard some 6'5" people say they can fit in a 355/360, but my 6'5" friends can't. Try a 550/575 if nothing else works. Good luck! - Tim

24. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Last week, a college buddy came up from California and we went for a ride in the 360. He's about 6' even but very long legged. Sitting in the passenger seat (set all the way back) was uncomfortable with his legs tucked. I've had taller people than him in the passenger seat and they didn't have any problems getting comfortable. I guess you just have to have the right porportions.

25. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Seems very true. I guess I won't really know until I try one out! Thanks for the replies.