auto spies on the 360 replacement | FerrariChat

auto spies on the 360 replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by G-force, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Quoting
    "The Ferrari 360 replacement is evolution not revolution.

The fabulous Ferrari 360 Modena, which is due for some type of upgrade in late 2004 or early 2005 will be more an evolution of the current 2003 car, rather than a completely new machine. The Italians have resisted the urge to experiment (the late 348's contained some 355 systems, likewise the 355's experimental F1 box went into the 360's).

Although styling will be limited to new front and rear bumper changes, some side-skirt redesign, different alloy wheels and a slightly revised interior - the sheet metal work will probably remain untouched, something that cannot be said for the engine and gearbox.

Continental dealers tell me that a version of the 4.2-litre V8 motor in the Enzo is probably going into the 360, which insiders suggest may be renamed the 362M. Developing about 450bhp, the unit will propel the car from 0-60 in under 4 seconds and on to a top speed in excess of 200 mph (solely to match the Lamborghini's Gallardo and Porsche 911 Turbo). This will be coupled to a version of the Enzo's gearbox too, suggesting that Ferrari is introducing some serious F1 technology into their cars.

I have had it confirmed that a GTS version (removable roof panel, ala Magnum PI) will not be produced, not for any engineering reasons, simply because it doesn't't look good enough! Don't you just love Ferrari?

Expect prices to rise 1.5% in the process.

Buon Natale,

Geno"

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Didn't you post the same thing this morning??

3. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    No it was from Rennteam.com a Euro website. A different source... similar information.
    I thought this was tending to validate the other post (if that is even possible)
    Of course maybe mis-information is leaked..who knows?

4. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Someone been sniffing de turpentine, no?

5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

No problem...I thought the "360 M engine replacement" was the same thread...my mistake...thanks for the info :)

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I usually ignore rumors that start with clearly false statements... the guy is obviously clueless on this topic.

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    In my opinion Autospies has gone downhill quite a bit. They used to have interesting info but now it seems focused on jamming in as many advertisments as possible.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    last time i checked ..the Enzo had a V12....

9. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    T88
    Sorry somehow missed your post in my own thread yet!