Upgrading to business/first class? | FerrariChat

Upgrading to business/first class?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by androza, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
  2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I would stay away from EBay for these sort of purchases. Since I fly United the most, I go to www.ualmiles.com to buy miles for my upgrades. The transaction takes three days to be posted to get into your account. You can also buy cets there. Its a great way to get cheaper upgrades with 100% security.

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Well.....in order to upgrade you first need "STATUS" on the airline that you are flying with...........if you even want a "chance" at getting bumped up. In other words......if you don't have an FF card with status showing that you flew at least 50-100K+ miles the previous year...forget it.

Secondly....your fare must be of an "upgradeable" category (pay more $$ in other words)....no discount fares qualify.

Thirdly....airlines have "windows" for requesting upgrades......and there are LOTS of qualified FF'ers looking for spots. I know.......I am one who is currently posting from Rio de Janeiro who "didn't" get my upgrade from Calgary-Toronto-Sao Paulo.

Those 3 points are just a small part of the upgrade game..........there's a lot more you need to know.

Try www.flyertalk.com for advice. People there will give you upgrade certs for free if you ask nicely. I always end the year with a pile of them that are unused.