Autographs | FerrariChat

Autographs

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prugna 328, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    In the last couple of years I've become somewhat of an autograph hound. Automotive related only. Hollywood can kiss my a.. Anyway most of the time when I,ve been lucky enough to get one, I try to have a 1:18 dicast car that is directly related to that person signed. The collection is small but Im always on the look out for 1 to add to my collection. It can be F1, Drag racing, or other famos automotive personalities. NASCAR is probably on the bottom of the list. Could care less. Anyway I was wondering if anybody out there has any suggestions of where would be some good places to hunt for these autographs. Certain automotive events? Maybe restaurants where drivers frequent? Hometowns? Dealerships they shop? Etc. Thank you. PS If anybody out there collect I would like to hear what you have.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't really collect autographs. I got Phil Hills and Scaglettis at the FCA 2001 in Dallas. I then bought an Enzo autograph.

My friend Greg Scott has a huge collection. He gets thier address and mails them a nice letter, autograph pin, and return postage envelope to make it easy for them.

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Prugna;

If you are interested in Motocross and Supercross Autographs Let Me know and i will collect some for you at the Phx supercross next month since i have a lot of connections in the pits.

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

4. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Actually I too am a signature collector, and try to concentrate on F1 drivers, past and present. More photos and books than cars..also have a few US presidents, and major political guys...a few jazz musicians, and one or two classical musicians....but I digress.....here in Toronto, if you are looking for automotive related autographs, the best guy with the most diverse collection is the guy at the Collector's studio....I know....I have posted his link before, but I can't get enough of this place....you really need to see his collection of stuff....surf if you like, but nothing beats a visit to the gallery.....guaranteed to blow you away........

www.collectorstudio.com

cheers all , from T.O !!

hps

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I've seen Speedy308's collection of racing drivers autographs, very impressive. I've never been an autograph hound, for me it just better to shake hands or meet them.

6. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    The best palce to hunt is at automotive events such as Monterey Historics and the like. Leave the folks alone at restaurants...they are trying to have a meal!

- JMG

7. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I have an autographed photo of carroll shelby driving a 60's ferrari race car, not sure which one, (pic is hung up at school) but it's some variation of a 250TR he drove... Apparently he did some testing for Enzo back then and Enzo wanted to recruit him as one of his drivers but Carroll declined..

8. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Thank you all. Good point about restaurants.

9. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    I collect Formula 1 Ferrari drivers' autographs. My favorites are the old black & white prints. Most are purchased from dealers. I have them all framed in black frames with white matting and they look excellant on my office wall. I must have 3 dozen autographs now with a dozen framed and hanging on the wall.

Tom

10. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    I'm not really a autograph collector, but I have some.

I have an official FIA F1 program signed by Ralf Schumacher. I also have cards signed by drivers. Like from Kimi Raikonnen, all the Audi Le mans 2002 winners like Johnny Herbert (ex-F1 pilot), Emanuele Pirro, Frank Billa, Rinaldo Capello, Tom Kristensen,...

But the most beautiful thing I have is not yet signed. It's a picture with Jacky Ickx and me.

All the autographs I have are not bought, I all saw the drivers in real.

11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    At the Miami GP we were invited by the Rafanelli team on Friday and I brought a 550 rim and tire from my spare parts I purchased to use as memorbilia. I had the entire team sign it.

I always forget to get the autograph. Just meeting nice people is a great gift.

12. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I've collected a few dozen autographs just by writing to people. I've never really written to "car people" per se, but I've written to tons of celebrities with lots of success. I usually hand write my letters, start off saying how I'm a fan, talk about something I like about them, finish by asking for an autographed photo. I include an index card in case they don't have a picture and a self addressed stamped envelope. I used to get the addresses exclusively from www.stararchive.com. They probably have some of the addresses you're looking for and the site is great because the members all add comments as to whether the addresses work, the speed that they get a response, whether the autograph is real or a preprint, and any other tidbits of information that could be useful. The site charges now, but it's probably well worth it if you're looking for address. As a member, they'll also try and hunt down addresses for you.

It's a really fun hobby. I just ran out of people I wanted to write to. :)

13. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    At the Canadian GP in Montreal this June, hang out in the evening at Jacque Villeneuve's restaurant, New Town. Lots of F1 drivers and team principals have dinner there. Of course, since he may not have a seat next year, this could change.

vty,

--Dennis