Ferrari, FNA and F-Dealers | FerrariChat

Ferrari, FNA and F-Dealers

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nberry, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Reviewing the thread regarding Brian's problems with his Stradale I feel compelled to start this thread.

I am not a Pollyanna and consider myself a hard nose individual who subcribes to the philosophy "trust but verify". The undercurrent in the bulk of the responses to Brian's problems is Ferrari and those that work for Ferrari cannot be trusted.

When I had my first 360, I had issues with the car which required interaction with Ferrari in Italy and FNA. The two organizations could not be more responsive and helpful in resolving the problem. At all times they did what they said they would and explained fully if there was something they could not do. In word, they exemplified what outstanding customer service and client focus should be.

My dealer, Ferrari of San Diego, throughout my ownership of the car stood by me and worked to resolve the issue in my favor. In addition,I was on their wait list for a new car and each step of the way they kept me informed of where I stood. They estimated the month I could order the car and they were right on the money. The called me in the middle of the month and I ordered the car. A short time later they provided me with my confirmation order and estimated deliver date. Shortly after that they told me my car was in the F10 stage just as Canut described it. They made the buying experience a partnership just as it should be.

Of all the car dealerships I have dealt with, Ferrari of San Diego is unquestionably the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with

Which leads me to my concern that people believe Ferrari and all those that work within Ferrari cannot be trusted or given the opportunity will take advantage of customers.This perceeption is unfair and totally unjustified. Based on my experience and of other Ferrari owners I know, Ferrari is an automobile company that has integrity, customer focus and sensitivity to delivering a premiere product with nothing but the customer satisfaction in mind.

Brian your approach is the correct one. Remain confident and optimistic. Ferrari will do right by you.

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have been around the Ferrari world for almost 20 years...with everything from 308's to an F40.

I have found that FNA and the factory are great. I have had issues with cars that were both in warranty and out of warranty that FNA and the factory did a great job of standing behind their product. Although lately judging by the US prices of cars, parts, service and the way they have gone after people who have brought in Euro cars...leaves me to believe that that their focus is more towards the money and not the enthusiast.

As far as dealers go...our delear in Arizona are crooks. The 'list' for new cars is a joke. If one 'greases' the sales manager...they magically get a car earlier than others. As far as their service department goes....they make error after error and then blame the owners of the cars and charge more rather than stand behind their service.

They have law suits pending as well as insurance fraud.....stay away!

Sounds like the San Diego dealer is much better than the one we have in AZ.

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Crooks? Car dealers gone bad? Fraud?...surely not in Arizona, the home of the lovable rogue car dealer, impeached ex-governor Evan Mecham?
    Also the home of the other thrown out ex-governor bank defrauder Fife Symington. Surely not the Penske owned dealership? Say it ain't so Dino.....