Tinting a 360? | FerrariChat

Tinting a 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Lope, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lope

Lope Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Are there any caveats I should know about when it comes to tinting the back hatch on a 360 Coupe? Seems like it's awfully close to the heat of the engine for normal tint. Wouldn't want to do the sides without doing the back too

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I agree on the latter point... which is why I never had the sides tinted. Not only is the back very close to the heat... 200' worth... its essentially outside... it can get wet in there and thus very humid. Much like taking a steamer to your tint... and if it ever did come off, it'll land on the engine, where it will either melt or catch fire or both.

It might work fine, but I figured I'd wait until someone else tried it. ;) So, sure, give it a try, and report back to us on how well it worked. ;)

Brian

3. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I tinted the sides without doing the back, looks fine.

4. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
  5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    How about a picture standing up from the side-rear... like 7:30... to where we can see both the side windows and the rear window at once? I am very curious how that looks... thanks.

6. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    You will be amazed by just tinting the sides will make the back look as if it aslo has tint. The less light allowed inside the vehicle the darker all windows will. Naturally the ones you tinted will look darker but every little bit helps. I am a tinter by trade and while most of my customers do both sides and the back I do have quite a few with all kinds of requests.

The question about the heat is one I would like to know the answer to myself and if I remember correctly there is a member of this board that owns a shop in CA (cant remember his name) but he certainly seemed knowledgable about tint and he was a Ferrari owner himself, anyway mabe he will chime in with some good advice. I would love to be able to have the expertise in this area but here in Alabama I have not yet had the priviledge of tinting such a fine car. If it were my car I would probably go ahead and tint it but just keep and eye on it to see how it looks to be holding up. What Brian said seems possible but I think if you kept a close check on it at least at first the tint would show signs of distress before it let go and fell onto the engine.

7. Bolicious

Bolicious Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Bo Kristensen
    Maybe you should just tint the sides and rear cabin window and leave the hatch window clear?