Ferrari Calender...by Andreas!! | FerrariChat

Ferrari Calender...by Andreas!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. Thanks for doing that great calender! It really looks cool! My son and I are already putting ours up,and I am sending 2 out to my brothers in Arizona. It turned out really good. THANKS again! We really appreciate your effort,and can't wait to see what I can come up with for next years version. (HeeHeeHee!!!)

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Frank.

Well I hope we have started a tradition here. And this calendar btw should not be an Andreas production or my personal showcase for my pictures. It should be really about your cars in and around our area.

So I'd like to encourage you all to come up with a cool idea for a picture or better yet, just take it and hand it over for the 2005 edition.

Frank, if you can get that Wienermobile shot, that' d be fantastic. Same goes for Tod and the F-16.

Of course for the rest of us, I'll be happy to snatch the shots at the upcoming events. I'd also like to have more moving cars going forward. Not all just static displays. And as far as the statics go, I'd like to see more city or IL landmarks in the background.

The possibilities are endless. Now that we have figured out the logistics of it, let's focus more on the creativity.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh,yeah,I know that you intend it to showcase everyone's cars. But,I applaud you for taking the initiative and doing it! Yes,for the coming year,I agree that we should try to get some more,how you say,"Entertaining" shots? (HeeHee!) Or from interesting locations. Moving. Not just parked,unless it's in front of something interesting ,Funny, or unusual. Lots of great potential. But,for this first edition. It's very good! Thanks again.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just for the record, this was actually the 2nd edition: But last year I just participated, didn't organize it. That was actually my intent for this year as well, but last year's team didn't materialize again, so I took matters in my own hands. Which is also why we got off to a late start. So next year we'll be better prepared.

I would love to park my car in a 'typical' Chicago neighbourhood, put it on blocks, take the wheels off and have a donut eating cop standing nearby but looking the other way as some kids run away with the tires...I know, lots of prejudice and clichees, but I think it'd be funny. Can we rent cop clothes somewhere?

It would have been really cool if the Batavia cops last summer would have played along with us and putting us all against the wall. I love stuff like that, which is why I want to see the two Franks eating Franks next to the Wienermobile and the 308.

Can we put Jack into a baseball uniform and place him with his 328 in front of Wrigley field? Gilles27?

Oh, and Tod: From my movie props I have a pressure suit left over. Happy to lend it to you for your F-16 shot. Also have the helmet to go with it.

In general I would like to have more people/owners in the shots. But they have to do something cool, not just stand there and smile.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am friendly with the Policemen here in my Town. They'd probably do it. And,have a ball doing it. I was telling Tod about some pix that I have with a couple old Buddies when we had 3 Corvettes on his lawn,and one of the Local Sherriffs let us take some pix like he was "Frisking" us,with the Police car,and the 3 'Vettes in the picture. Pretty funny. when I find 'em,I'll post 'em.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, maybe our next drive in summer should then lead us through your town and we could do the all against the wall scene again.

For my idea, I really want a wall with some graffiti in the background, ideally with the El above it. Imagine that! Like a pic straight out of the Bronx.

7. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    A super job on the calendar, a lot of time went into the project I am sure. I'll try to get a good pic of mine with all the suspension off, may make a different type of pic.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Puuhhleeeaazeee!

I love garage shots when cars are being worked on. So different and such an intricate part of our relationship with these fragile works of art.

If you can lay out the taken of/replacement parts in front of the car. You could even be in the shot in your blue overall lying underneath it or what have you.

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Hmmm, not sure about the baseball uniform. Might try the picture, though.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    We should get my neighbour Minnie Minoso next to the car. Oh wait, he was a White Sox player...

11. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Andreas - where can I send calendar money?

-DN

f/k/a Litig8r

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Alright, we're done. Just sent out the last copies of the calendars (incl. to Don).

Learned quite a few things in the process. Final count is 80 sold (not 79 as targeted). But we could have probably sold a few more.

Anyway, thanks to all who helped and purchased them! We will do an even better one for 2005 with better pics.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Once again. Andreas,Thank -you for your fine effort on a great Calender.

14. dpatel

dpatel Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    Carol Stream, IL
    Full Name:
    Dan Patel
    Andreas,

Great calanders! Thanks for your efforts. Any chance you can get the Swedish Bikini Team (12 members) to pose for 2005?

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Being Svenska myself, I was partying with the 'Swedish Bikini Team ' tonight.

They told me they're are all for being in next year's calendar! :)

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No connection to that Bikiniteam, but if you guys manage to get a model onto one of our drives, hey I know how to work a camera!

It would be actually cool to have a couple shots with some model(s) posing. As long as it is done in good taste, it could be quite pleasing.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Reminds me of a Funny story. Years back,I owned an all Black Porsche. It had my "N LUVN IT" license plate on it. (now,it's on my 308) We were driving through the Morton Arboretum in Lisle,checking out the Fall colors. Came up to a Curve,went around and there was a Tall,Leggy,Busty,(did I forget anything?) Beautiful, (natural,and I can attest) Blonde,NAKED with some Tall,lace up Boots on. Thats it! (my eyeballs were poppin' out about 10 inches.:) like those old Big Daddy Roth "Rat Fink" models from the Early 1960's! Tongue,too!) She was with a Woman who was taking Pictures. The "MODEL" very quickly put on a long coat. I stopped,and obligingly offered the use of my car as a "Prop". (and use the License Plate) But,they declined,as my Wife was poking me to "keep it moving along,Buster!". That made my day! (Mrs. wasn't all too thrilled,though!) Just goes to show you that you NEVER knows what lies around the Corner!!! :)

18. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Andreas,

Thought I'd just add my comment's to this thread, The calendar you sent me looks great, If you're going to include some photo's of other's car's maybe I could make up the International contingent ? The 288 desrves a wider audience.....Did you see this thread ????

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3163

Best Reagrds, Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Steve

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Steve, thanks for the kind words and the link. Very interesting. Love the detail shots.

I definitely want a GTO for next year, trying to get the one we have here in Chicago. But I don't want to say no to your question. Other people from out of state had some interest, so let's see how we're doing when it come to tabulate the pictures and months.

*IF* I make to England next year and get to see your car in person, well, that would almost make it a Chicago car, wouldn't it?
    :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

20. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I had Sheryl drop off one of the calendars at Larson-Becker today, they were thrilled to see their building in a few of the pictures behind the Ferraris.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tell them we will feature them again next year *IF* they convince some of their neighbourhood cops to have us stand against the wall. I would really love that shot.