Car Transport: Chicago to Boston | FerrariChat

Car Transport: Chicago to Boston

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by zan, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    I'm looking for an enclosed transport Co. to deliver my car. Horseless Carriage is 10 days out, I'm hoping to have it delivered next week. Anybody know a trucking company that could do it next week?

Thanks, Mark

2. Bob Downing

Bob Downing Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Try looking up auto transporters in Hemmings.com. My personal experience with Horseless- they arrived to pick up my boxer and the driver was a large gent who promptly scratched the side of the car with his belt buckle trying to get in. no seat protection or steering wheel protection. A good transporter should protect the seats, put the windows up, remove all jewelry and wear a full cotton jump suit with no zippers or buttons! Good luck

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Stay away from Dependable Auto Shippers, or known as DAS on eBay. Worst customer service and you're car will arrive weeks after it's supposed to. You can check out www.movecars.com. Good luck!

4. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    try Reliable. they transport all the Vipers from the factory.
    service is great. The price is the price ....maybe $50 bucks less than Interstate Transport.

5. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Mark:

Any hints as to what this trailer might be bringing insdie of it;)?

6. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    INTERCITY LINES IN MASS....ASK FOR BOB SELLERS...GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT PRICES, AND GREAT DRIVERS.....

GOOD LUCK,

BRUCE

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ive used DAS a lot, no problems, Intercity may be better though

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'll second that. I used them for the opposite trip when I got my car. They picked it up at Boston sports car and delivered it to Chicago. I was there at the loading and had to hurry home in the plane to make it back before it got delivered. They were actually days faster than their forecast.

It travelled in good company btw. Some real Cobra and a Rolls. The only issue they had was with the low bridges and underpasses around Chicago. So to make it easy for the transporter, you might want to meet them in a place they can easily get to as their transporter is extremely high.

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON