Where to begin search? | FerrariChat

Where to begin search?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I suppose I'm fortunate to live in North Carolina near Foreign Car Italia, but where should I begin the serious search for my first Ferrari? I've been lurking here for over a year (unregistered, I apologize), and constantly the net looking for the "right" car. I'm quite leary of eBay -- but there are a few high volume dealers. Can anyone suggest where my search would be most fruitful, and any opinions on some eBay dealers?

1. Ferrari Market Letter. Worth the price of a 1 year subscription?
    2. eBay. Any experience with Naples Motor Sports, Bay State, or Schmidt (St. Louis)?
    3. Does it make sense to begin the search through Foreign Car Italia?

Basically I'm bored to tears with my 740i, and I've given up on Mercedes after some miserable dealer experiences.

I'm not looking for a daily driver... just a weekend fun car and something to get my hands dirty. I'm in love with the 246 GTS (dream car as a kid), but realize it might too much stress for my first Ferrari. If I stick with a 328 or 348, I wonder if I'll regret suspending the search for a Dino.

Advice?

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Well, If I were looking at an older Ferrari as you are doing,
    The first thing I would decide is, am I going to be performing all of the service work on the vehicle myself,
    or am I going to take it somewhere to be serviced.
    If you are going to take the car to a shop to be serviced,
    then the first thing I would do would be to find the right shop to do the service work before I ever start looking for a car.