Best Cleaning Towels? | FerrariChat

Best Cleaning Towels?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nart2222, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nart2222

nart2222 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    What are the best towels to use for washing & waxing (lint free i hope)?

2. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I use p21s wax with the included applicator and buff off with microfiber towels. FWIW s100 wax at the harley dealer is the same exact product as p21s for less $

deep pile terry cloth is good too, just dont wash it with fabric softener or it will leave stuff on your paint if you use it to dry with, that goes for the MF towels too.

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Microfibre cloths are your best bet for the removal of wax. Your hand is the best for applying IMHO. You can cover all areas of the car and feel any specs of dirt or dust you may pick up.

4. nart2222

nart2222 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    Thank you!

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GO AWAY GREENIE................

6. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'd agree that mico fibre clothes are the best to remove wax but they too get plugged up with wax quickly.

I go to a used clothing store and buy used 100% cotton towels. I can usually find good quality towels that are in perfect condition for $2 - $3 each. I always go to the laundry mat and wash before use. (You can get four machines going at once).

The more new towels the better when removing wax. Not only will you get the job done quicker but you will get a better result as you won't be smearing a towel plugged up with wax over the car.

DrewH