Body & Paint Shop Recs | FerrariChat

Body & Paint Shop Recs

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jsa330, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Looking for good recommendations on a body/ paint shop in Dallas that, beyond having the basic expected integrity and reputation:

Works on vintage Ferraris and treats them like the collector cars they are.

Is $$ reasonable - I'm looking for a good quality repaint over existing along with some very minor repairs and a couple of badge installations. I know the realities of working on old Ferraris and I'm not trying to get something on the cheap but this is a freshenup job for a driver, not Pebble Beach stuff.

Listens to the customer - no prima donna attitude.

Gets the job done in a reasonable period of time.

Maybe I'm asking for what doesn't exist, but if anyone has a good referral it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Other than Bob Smith's in Gainesville, I can't give any vintage Ferrari specific recommendations.

But the very common recommendation for expensive cars is Stuart's Paint & Body... generally considered the best, but can be slow. I can also recommend Caliber Collision Center in Dallas... they do good work and have experience with expensive Ferraris.
    They did a great job of matching my paint.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Our very own Jano runs a paint and body shop as well. I know a bunch of guys on the board have used him for numerous repairs, but I don't know that any were 'vintage' Ferrari stuff. I've seen Jano's 348 numerous times though, and I know what he did to it. I'd take my Ferrari to him.

4. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I recently used Ferrari of Houston's new body shop for my TR and thought Steve did a wonderful job. It was worth the effort of driving there and flying back twice. The experience was better than I had expected and the price was inline with bids I had received in Austin. I highly recommend them.

5. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott

Thanks for the responses. I'll be making a decision on my next step and now can check out alternates if what I'm doing now doesn't work out.

Jimpo, I looked on the member registry for Jano, no luck. Could I get some contact info?

Thanks!

6. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    4M Body Works & Paint

624 South Kealy
    Lewisville TX 75067

Ask for Jano or his brother Raffi