unforgetable purchase experience...remember your dad.. | FerrariChat

unforgetable purchase experience...remember your dad..

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by groovzilla, Dec 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    i am sending this email from florida...i will never forget my experience this past week and thought i would pass it along so that we all remember our family...

i flew down to san francisco dec.6th to test drive and inspect a couple of 79 308's i found for sale...(dave handa thanks for the tips)...
    ...while driving one of the cars my sister called me on the cell phone and explained that my dad came down with legionnaires' disease from a recent cruise and was in the i.c.u. near their winter home in palm beach florida...
    ...i couldn't believe it...my father and me are very close (we've had our moments....i'm a long haired rebel)...i booked a red-eye flight to florida for that night and arrived at the hospital the next morning dec 8th...
    ...my dad was very close to death...his symptoms were similar to pnemonia....he was on a ventalator and was sedated for days...after 3 days and lots of antibiotics he is over the hump and is well enough to talk and understand...he is even cracking the occasional joke but anxious to get home...
    ...today was the first day i was able to relax and not worry about all the thoughts running thru my head for the past several days...it also made me realize how insignificant the ferrari was and how important our family is and what my family means to me...

everyone have a safe happy holiday and just remember how special your family is...it's the only family you have...

william ceriale (almost the owner of a 308)

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Here, here, William, thanks for the reminder and glad that your father is on the mend.

All the best,
    Dave

PS: good luck on the search.

3. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Good ending to a hairy story.Glad your dad is recovering.

4. '77 308GTB

'77 308GTB Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    TD
    You had me nervous there.

I just spent a half hour rocking my toddler girl to sleep. The best part of my day! You are right on, family should always come first.

5. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    [QUOTE='77 308GTB]You had me nervous there.

I just spent a half hour rocking my toddler girl to sleep. The best part of my day! You are right on, family should always come first.[/QUOTE]

Something we all should take a moment to remember.

6. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    A friend of mine often says "the most important thing in life is who you love and who loves you" Amen.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My dad died of cancer over 13 years ago. For those of you who have been through this, you know that cancer is a long drawn out process with many false alarms and late night calls that always come when you are 1,000 miles away on an important trip. William you can sleep well tonight knowing that you did the right thing. However tempting it might be to cut corners and say, well, I have enough time, nothing is probably going to happen this time, don't do it. Go ahead and catch that red eye. Go ahead and spend the money. You will never regret it.

Dale