Any Jack Daniels fans out there? | FerrariChat

Any Jack Daniels fans out there?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dave328, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I just found these from my second distillery tour after Indy this year. This is how many bottles you get when you buy your own barrel of Jack.

2. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This is how it's shipped to your door!

3. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They have their own fire dept.

4. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    i like jack daniels

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This is the safe that killed Jack Daniel.

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's about a 45 minute drive from I-65, but I highly recommend it. The tour is awesome, and you can buy limited edition bottles of Jack at the Distillery store too!
    Dave

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    fchat: always something new to learn! thats really cool!

8. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DAVE

I PREFER CHARLIE DANIELS, JACKS COUSIN

9. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
  10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Woooooooo,Doggie!!! (and I'm making the scrunched up Whiskey shot face right now) :) Man,o,man! I drank enough Jack to last a lifetime,in 20 years! Can't drink it no more. But,did enjoy it while I could! I have had a Jack Daniels "Field Tester" card for over 20 years. And lots of Jack Daniels Memorabilia. Never made the tour,and still feel like I am missing out on something. Never went up to a Squire,or whatever the next step is. But,I sure coulda!

11. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    Is it true that you can't drink in the county where Jack Daniels is located? A Japanese guy told me that and said that while there meeting with some big wigs, they had a little drink on the down-low anyway.

12. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Couple questions...how would one go about buying one of these barrels? Are the bottles empty, and you fill them yourself somehow? Or, does the Jack come bottled for you, and they give you the barrel?
    Lastly, how did the safe kill Jack?

13. mikey

mikey Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    #13 mikey, Dec 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    I prefer Scotch...I get a headache from JD...sorry :) but then I like Cognac even more...

15. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Slim,
    Yes that is true. the distillery is located in a dry county. The tour guide said that there are not enough Lynchburg residents to meet the minimun Tn state requirement needed to revoke the dry status. Besides, I don't think they would want too. I think it kind of adds to the story. They do sell limited edition bottles in the gift shop after the tour, but you can't drink it. :(

EVartanian,
    You get the oportunity to visit and meet with Jimmy Bedford, the master distiller, and he will help you pick out your barrel. He seperates the barrels with the "better" whiskey and you pick from those. They then open the barrel and bottle the contents. IIR, it's something like 250 or so bottles from a barrel. They then package it on a pallet like in the picture. They do charge your own local liquor tax and put the stamps on the bottles. They said that depending on what your local liq tax is it runs $8K-$10K for the whole thing.
    As for the safe, the story is Mr Jack came to work one morning and couldn't get the safe open so he kicked it and broke his toe. The toe eventually got infected and he died from that infection a few months later.:(

Mikey,
    That it TOO funny!! LOL!

Dave

16. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    No Jack for me.

18 YO Macallan and Maker's Mark are my drinks of choice.

Cool pics, though!

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

GAWD........it's great stuff.

Rule number one............DO NOT drink Jack Daniels shooters with 60+ year old blues musicians.

If any of you who like blues music get a chance to see Sonny Rhodes and his band...........buy him a shot or two or three or twenty five.

I got absolutely loaded with him one night at the King Eddy in Calgary and actually lived to tell the tale. His "consumptive" ability rivals that of a J-79 jet engine on full afterburner. Amazing...........I do not have said ability as I found out.

He got up afterwards on his own power and played a set that brought the house down. I was helped up later and my friend who is the manager there comped me a room for the night.