348 Vs Porsche 993 Turbo Video | FerrariChat

348 Vs Porsche 993 Turbo Video

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  2. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    Well thats great I have a 348 and I would expect to get smoked by a 993 turbo as well...nothing to exciting about it. Hell if that guy in the porsche wants to really get spanked I will race him in a straight line with 550hp 1987 TransAm...no contest at all. Straightline speed anyone can do, push pedal down (not a hard concept), but I would like to see some of these guys drive around a track really pushing a car. Anyway I just hate seeing these videos and the sheer joy people get out of beating someone in a straight line (not safe on a busy highway)...**** even drag racing takes more talent this display.

Take it easy Allan

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    the only good thing about this video is the Ferrari sound.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Looks like that is a 348 Serie Speciale. Cool :)

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    There are plenty of Porsches that will destroy a 550hp T/A in a straightline, and the Porsches make serious track cars also.

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Well lets see; 348 is a 5.2 sec 0-60 car; 993TT is a 4.2 sec 0-60 car--Notice: a whole 25% faster!--the only way any excitement was to occur ould have been if th3e 348 smoked the 993TT.

7. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    Yep agreed! But none of those Porsche will cost less than $6000 to own. I am just trying to make the point that straight line speed is nothing to be that impressed with, just a function of horse power, gear ratio, and wind resistance. And horse power is just a function of how large your wallet is and the quantity of go fast parts produced for your car. Didnt mean nothing by it just saying I feel that its not that cool to just blow by someone on the highway and think you are awesome because of it.

Anyhoo great video because of the sound of the 348...I always wonder what my car sounds like on the outside.

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    There's not too many cars that a Porsche can't smoke at the track too. I know at the pre-F1 races at Indy, even the non-turbo Porsche Club track times are much quicker than the Ferrari 360 Challenge track times.

9. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    That's a pathetic video Allan. It doesnt prove anything. First the Ferrari goes past the Porsche, then the Porsche goes past the Ferrari and then the Ferrari goes past the Porsche. The only thing I took from the video was the Ferrari sounded great and the P driver sounded well ...

Having said that - in a straight line - the 993 TT will kill a 348. No big surprise there. Was that your point? If so, you didn't need to post a video to make it - I think everyone will agree with that right off the bat.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Rodsky, just a video of two cars running along, dont get soo excited.

11. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    OK Allan - I will calm down - while I search for that video where the yahoos in a Porsche GT2 go flying by a Murci. I'll be sure to post it in other italian :)

How's the vacation?

12. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    LOL... last time i posted a video of a Murci getting spanked Allan's post counter went off the meter! Talk about getting excited!

Ernesto

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Posting videos of a car flying by another is one thing, but in this video you can see the Ferrari gets on it, the Porsche blows by like it was standing still.

Ernesto, shouldnt you be polishing your bright yellow turd?

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Is this **** starting all over again?

I guess you guys never learn

15. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    right after you polish your bling bling chrome wheels... LOL...

Why are you getting so excited? Its just videos... calm down, youre going to have a heart attack one of these days! You really shouldnt let the people here get the better of you...

Ernesto

16. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Ho Hum - Looks like I will have to put that sticker in the back window after all

0-60 - Eventually!

Rule No. 1 - There will always be somthing faster
    Rule No. 2 - See Rule No. 1

Anyone want my 348 - I want one of these - 0-60 in 3.5 sec !!

Power to weight ratio of 420 BHP per tonne!!!!

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/megabusa.htm

:)

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Jeah!

Those guys at Westfield are crazy! I once heard of a project with a V12.

A V12!!!, in that cigar, damn, when you put the pedal down in that one, there will be so muchsmoke you can't even see where you are driving...