Insurance thumbs up | FerrariChat

Insurance thumbs up

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by forzarich, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    Just thought I would post a thread about Liverpool Victoria. I mentioned them in a post the other day but I am so impressed with their price I thought I would praise them more publically.

I am 31 and just bought my first F-Car. I only rang about 5 people this year, usually I phone about 30 people when trying to insure my old Subaru Impreza import.

This is year I was mostly greated by 'have you owned a Ferrari before' - No, I said, the quotes were 3.5-4k.
    Strangely the first place I tried was Liverpool Victoria and their online quote said it would be around £1100. Too good to be true I thought. Nope, phoned them at least 5 times prior to getting the car, each time it got a little cheaper.

So, I now have a 360 insured at 31, with the GF on it too, class 1 business use, european cover, legal expenses and 500 excess for the princley sum of a tank of fuel over a grand.

I would recommend giving them a try if you are also thinking of getting into F-car ownership or yours is up for renewal.

Mind you I do live in blue-rinse central on the south coast.

A very Happy Rich B.

Merry Xmas :)

2. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I have to say what a quote,the cheapest I had previously for my 328 GTS was just over £500,the Liverpool came in at £274 the insurance is due this week so thanks very much.
    Best regards
    Dave McGuire

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #4 360CS, Dec 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rich thats very cheap, my 360 spider in Kent 40 Full NCB 5K......<<< yes 5k...Id be pleased to hear what they are insuring exactly??? ie Market Value or Book value??? Be careful cos if your pride and joy gets damaged or even nicked they often pay out Book value based on Trade and taking mileage and so on into consideration...

I will ring and try and obtain a quotation...Many thanks

joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I called them the other day (just out of interest) and saved £500 (£1400 limited miles to £900 unlimited miles). Can't cancel my old insurance yet (no refund) but will be going straight to L&V once my renewal comes through.

How can they be so much cheaper than other places ? (anyone experienced their customer service after a claim etc... ?)

5. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    360spider, I asked them that and they said it was market value.
    Also it was for 3k miles.

6. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    For my old (1981) 308, I went to Heritage insurance and now I pay a little over £300 if it helps. I believe quite a few driver use AON insurance services and they are competitive on both classic and modern cars.

7. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I had just received a quote from AON it was £515:65,5k miles £250 ex and full breakdown cover I am 45 have full N.C.B. and live in a low crime area,I would have gone for that untill the LV quote the only difference I see is that the LV give the breakdown cover.
    Best regards
    Dave McGuire

8. RED HEAD

RED HEAD Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    H
    I insure my 328 GTB through Tesco.

I have had a nightmare with insurance as I am under 25. I think all the market leaders (including a number in the FOC mag.) basically put the phone down on me. My previous insurance was with Zenith but their renewal came in at £2,300. Which was an increase of £500!! Another year older and still a full NCB. So I rang Tesco who produced the most competitive quote at £1,300 - great sevice as well.

Best Regards,

Henry

9. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT

10. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Today, I've saved £2,200 off my car insurance. Was paying 4k, now paying 1.8k. I need to lie down.

Rich - you're a bloody star mate!

11. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    >forzarich: u must really really fancy the gf to have her on yr f car policy
    It made buying it easier trust me! It didn't cost anymore to have her on it but don't tell her that!

paulnwgb - Minus my 10% and you saved nearly a whopping 2 grand ;)

I have heard good things about LV from others plus their head office is half a mile away so when they don't pay up I go and bang on the door and have a big pile of Italian metal and plastic dumped out side the door :)

...hopefully it won't come to that...

12. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    My insurance actually went down when I put the GF (now wife) on it - made me more responsible !!!

13. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    My apologies,my quote should have said LV does NOT give the breakdown cover.
    best regards
    Dave McGuire