Anyone own property in BELIZE? | FerrariChat

Anyone own property in BELIZE?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by fanatic1, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Hi All,

I just got back from vacation in Belize. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Had a great time. While I was down there, I was speaking with a few agents about property. The property still seems to be very inexpensive, and with English being the national language, it makes Belize very inviting.....does anyone own any property down there, or can anyone give me any tips on purchasing land outside the US.

Thanks!
    Philip

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I'm not sure, but I thought there were laws about owning land there. Something about you have to create jobs or add to their economy - this was info from 10 yrs ago so it certainly could be wrong.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Some friends of mine recently bought an acre of beachfront on the Mexican coast of Quintana Roo, right North of Belize. They retired, built some villas and now live there giving tours and living the life. Their website is www.mayanbeachgarden.com ; I think to buy the land they incorporated a Mexican corp they are the sole owners of (I think Mx still has no foreign owner technicality).

If you're still interested PM me and I'll 'introduce' you online.

4. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Ryan,
    Thank you. But Mexico is difficult to buy beach property if you are an american........Americans can't buy property in Mexico, they can only buy it if they are opening a business, such as your friends did, and there are hefty taxes....this is what I've been told from multiple real estate agents there. Belize has 0 restrictions since it is under British law..........I can't believe no one on this board has any insight into Belize property...........Come on guys.......Anyone??