What the best polish for your FCAR | FerrariChat

What the best polish for your FCAR

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360CS, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #1 360CS, Dec 13, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ive been using Autoglym up to now, but recently I watched several demos of Maguires Gold Class Resin Polish, Im extreamly impressed as the shine this produces is way superiour to the Autoglym.....

Just wandered what others used to get the perfect result
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #2 tonyh, Dec 13, 2003
    I'm on the same stuff as you ,Joe. Polish 1st and Meguires wax after.3 hours worth of effort but the results are top .
    Tony.
    oops;almost forgot the GIF !

3. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Ditto here

I was using Autoglym until I found out about Meguires

It really is the Mutts Nuts !!

Paul

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Try Zymol products- Clear Auto Bathe, (for wash) then HD-cleanse (pre-wax) followed by Ital Glaze (wax finish formulated for Italian type paint). Relatively expensive, but lasts for ages. You can get a kit that contains everything you'll need.

The results are absolutely stunning and very resilient, and it is curiously pleasant to apply, albeit time consuming.

www.zymol.co.uk have a very efficient on-line ordering facility.

I'm sorry I sound like an advert, but I am not connected in any way to the co- I just love the product.

5. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Were should I look for this stuff then, Joe ?

Done a quick search, Come up blank !

Steve

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    How do we search the old forum? In the old site, I asked the same question and got some great advice from a whole host of chatters, outlining what they use and the process they go through. I couldn't believe how much information people gave.

I was originally asking about Zymol - it appealed partially as you rub it on by hand..the whole bonding experience thing. It smells nice too, and gives an apparently fantastic finish. It's also phenominally expensive - many people recommended the 'One Grand' range, which I went for.

I bought very good quality cotton towells, sponge and wax applicators, and and spent 6 hours using the one grand polish, followed by the one grand blitz wax, and detailing the interior, tyres, etc..the car looked new (not kidding) and it's 14 years old! So yours should come up ok!

Only thing that was slightly dissappointing was the promise on the tin of the polish that all swirl marks would be gone - I am a fussy bugger and they are still there..if you look hard. I guess 14 years of wax on wax off has created them and maybe it will take more than one application to remove completely.

Of course the following week I was scraping motorbike leather off the wheel arch - polish worked for that too!

I bought the Maguires top up spray product for in between, which is pretty good. Have recently got the 'One Grand show off' spray which is meant to bring back the just waxed look, and can be used on chrome and glass also..not used it yet - keeps bloody raining!

Anyhoo, if you know how to search the archives, I think the thread was called 'Zymol', and it would have been around middle Sept to early Oct of this year.

Happy polishing,

Marc.

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Marc,
    go to archives on home page.
    Steve,
    i bought all my meguires stuff from
    www.seriousperformance.co.uk
    10% discount for FOC UK members.
    Tony

8. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
  9. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #9 360CS, Dec 15, 2003
    Steve ,

Believe it or not I popped into Halfords and bought mine....its available from most Auto outlets......

Its Maguires Gold Class Resin Polish.....you will never look back steve....£12.95 bottle...

10. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Joe,

What ever you say is good enough for me.

I've seen your car.

They don't get any shinier than that
    Wazza

11. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #11 360CS, Dec 15, 2003
    Wazza,

When you need a proper clean n Polish call me . I will clean that car on one condition.... :) I have to test drive it after to make sure the super clean inproved aerodynamics are operating properly....

12. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Joe,

That sounds like a good trade..

So what do you think's fair.
    Say 3 Laps, 1 out, 1 hot, 1 in.

For a polish and your best advice.

Wazza

13. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #13 360CS, Dec 15, 2003

Any lap would be nice in that car, hey wazza, do me a little favour, when you next speak to yr NOW new friends at Maranello Sales Ltd ask if have or know of any other CS available....Im liking that Car a lot and Father Christmas may be looking for one???