Capristo V Tubi ....Not a lot in it | FerrariChat

Capristo V Tubi ....Not a lot in it

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360CS, Dec 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    I dont think as far as the sound goes theres a lot of difference in the sound of these exhausts..

The Tubi tho, dare I say looks a far betta system from under the bonnet.

Capristo looks like a set of bagpipes some Jock (whoops, scottish chappy ) has finished playing.

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Hmm. I've heard both back-to-back on 360s, and I thought the Capristo was a much better sound. And I thought it looked great, too, certainly didn't see much difference in appearance between the two.

Gary

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #3 360CS, Dec 10, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Gary,

I have to disagree sorry pal, i dont think theres a lot in the difference, the capristo screems a bit like the sound of the Tubi on the 355, with cats out....

Look at the differance
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    You're making my point for me. The Capristo has more of an F1-like scream to it than the Tubi. If you don't like that, go with the Tubi. And although I don't see much difference in the appearance, even if I did I wouldn't base a purchase decision of an exhaust on appearance over sound.

Gary

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #5 360CS, Dec 10, 2003

Point taken...

I think its all about matter of taste tho!......ones individual taste that is, wouldnt the world be a boring place if we all agreed and preffered the same things.....

See I would not agree that the sound is more F1-like, but hey !! Thats another story.

Gary lets get video of each and put it to the vote...??

I have footage of Capristo Exhaust....do you know if anone has Tubi... other than Media on Scuderia Systems

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Couldn't agree more.

Gary

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

this is one of the board sponsors....he has plenty of video clips of tubi and capristo, but you might have to mail him for them......unless he sees this post and kindly places them here, of course!

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #8 360CS, Dec 11, 2003
  9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    i've mailed asking him to send sound files

10. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Hey Guys!
    Thought I really ought to chime in here - seeing as we equipped half of you guys...
    At a rather prestigious Ferrari dealer, I was informed that the only aftermarket parts that they *may* consider fitting to ANY Ferrari were parts from Michelloto and...
    Tubi Style - this clearly *may* have potentially helpful warranty implications. This is not the case with some other manufactures.....and you've got to think about why from a genuine technical point of view...most of you Tubi buyers will be aware of the relationship Tubi have with Ferrari in Italy.... Speaking to a well known Ferrari dealer will typically confirm this.

Interestingly, we've taken around 6 orders for the forthcoming Tubi Exhaust for the Challenge Stradale. The stock Stradale sounds loud but Italian and US customers have already complained about the quality of the sound (i.e more of the same stock bark) . As a result there are two versions from Tubi.

1.Street Version. This version will drop the volume of the stock Stradale exhaust but will change the note to classic tubi-howl for people who find the standard system tiresome.
    2.GT Race. This version is pretty much a copy of the exhaust system that Tubi Style manufacture for Ferrari 360GT race cars. It sounds insane and completely changes the note - lifting the pitch to screaming F1 car levels.......

All UK orders so far have been for the GT Race version. Expect Stradale owners to be rapidly swapping out of Capristos and assorted makes to this.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    manu,
    any sound files for forthcoming challenge stradale exhuast?
    tony

12. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Tony -I promise that the moment I have them I will post 'em!

We'll have video clips of the super loud Tubi for the Lamborghini Murcielago on the website in 2 days... We've sold LOADS of these and it's impressed so many people may be fitted to a few prominent demo cars! :wink:
    p.S. Tony mate - I've just read the PM you sent me - I have even been to the pub you're talking about but I can't damn well remember it's name.

13. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #13 360CS, Dec 11, 2003

Tony/Manu

I Think its the Royal Oak!!!!!

manu, lets get this right Ok !! Ive just spent big bucks on a 360CS fit a Capristo and the engine goes "BANG" is it "WHAT WARRANTY"... but as withy the Tubi this equipment is necognised by Ferrari and would NOT be any probs........

Damn thats why I bought that exhaust...I knew there was another reason..

Many thanks Manu >>>>>>>>>"Ferrari Guru"<<<<<<<<<<

14. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu

Joe - in America - ANYTHING (mod-wise) goes because, I believe (but may be mistaken) that new cars come with a federal warranty.... only the part replaced is out of warranty..
    Either way Tubi Style is actually sold through the Ferrari dealer network over there so that say rather a lot in itself.
    Over here, things are different.

The only thing I am permitted to say though, with the VAST number of Ferraris we have equipped, we have NEVER come across a warranty invalidation of any kind with a Tubi install...EVER ...
    Our co-operation with specific Ferrari dealers extends WAYYY beyond that (almost a US style situation) but publicly mate.. that's all I can say.

On another note..... are you after a Stradale? You seem pretty interested!

15. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Manu,
    I would be seriously interested in any new system for the Stradale.
    As you may be aware from all my gloating on these pages I recently aquired a Stradale.

I also did a sound check on the standard Stradale exhaust

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2952

I would be very interested in hearing your expert views.

Basicly it looks like stradale's current system is pretty loud already.

I would love to arrange a demo with you when you get the new ones in.

ps. I had Tubi's from you guys on both my 360 and 550 in the past.
    Very impressed with them.

Fitted by Maranello's

Wazza

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #16 360CS, Dec 11, 2003

Ok manu ,

I assumed the Tubi would be seen as almost a Ferrari recomended aftermarket equipment.....

Is yrs still coming then mate??

We are all meeting on Sunday manu just up road from yr offices, pop over for a chat, I was trying to inform Zak but cannot find his Mail!!

Pm me details on CS Pls...

joe

17. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    i have capristo sound files but can't post here. i'll email to anyone who wants, but need email address from them,pls.

19. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu

20. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Manu

Just saw the Video. Awesome! Sounds like an F1 car, and the exhaust looks amazing...

21. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    how about a custom made Tubi for the GTO , then...?

Tony

22. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Manu,

OK What's the offer?, You gonna fit 'em for free...LOL...
    Or maybe you want to do the GTO for free and make me pay for the 328...Even More LOL.... Just think of the publicity, The car is quite photogenic, Maybe we could come to some agreement over publicity shots....Side splitting LOL....

PM me your number, & I'll give you a call.

Cheers,

Steve

23. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Been in touch with Manu, We've had a good chat, I'm going ahead with the 328, but just need to settle my mind about the GTO, I know I'm being a bit retiscent, But I love the car dearly, (Probably too much....If you know what I mean;) & she'a hasn't given me an ounce of trouble since she arrived in my life, can't say the same about the Wife.....I'd be interested in any views that anyone might have ???

Cheers,

Steve

24. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    if you can get a good deal[ie next to nothing] for GTO Tubi , go for it. What's the worst that can happen? Y ou don't like it and put the stock one back on.
    Manu sounds like he'll do pretty much anything to get a Tubi on your car[will it be the 1st on GTO?] and will get some serious kudos from the rest of the Ferrari community, not to mention MORE free publicity, for doing it.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Tony

25. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know your right and we discussed that, Just something I need to settle in my own mind I guess ?

I don't think it'll be the first GTO to have one, It maybe the first in the UK ?

Not sure, I'll ask Manu the next time we talk - He's pretty keyed up about the car and the prospect of equipping the car though - I understand why, This is the car that first bit me too.

Cheers,

Steve