Ferraris at the Beach | FerrariChat

Ferraris at the Beach

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by parkerfe, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The pool and screen enclosure at my beach house are now complete. The perimeter landscaping will be done this week. The drive down in your Ferrari is a blast with a lot of fun places to drive to in the area. My Ferrari is still talking about the last time I drove her down ! Reserve your week for Spring 2004 and mention FerrariChat to get a 10% discount. www.capesanblasvacation.com

2. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    LOL. If the law career goes south you can have a career in the ad biz specializing in guerilla marketing.

3. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

nope you only get a 6% or 8% discount depending on your Dino

5. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I get the impression your f-car also comes with the house rental - ferraris at the beach :)

6. true

true Guest

SPAM. Parkerfe has posted this thread so many times, I'm suprised he continues to get away with it. We don't come into Off-Topic to read free advertisements. Give it a rest Franlin, nobody cares about you or your beach home.

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    True, oh contrar, I have had several FC folks who have rented and enjoyed their stay.

8. true

true Guest

I'm sure someone took you up on the offer thinking you had a friendly offer regarding your rental property, and one time never hurt anyone. It's clear to me (and appearently everyone else) that you are now directly marketing your vacancies towards us. I don't believe this is acceptable practice to be in our 'Off Topic' section, especially considering you do not pay for Advertising privileges. I think we all come to this section to interact with the Ferrari community, not to be SPAM'ed by non-paying advertisers. How much from your FChat beach rental income was sent to Rob for the referral? I also have rental property but would never consider multiple solicitation attempts in a tight knit community's (such as FCHAT) off-topic section. Like a broken record....

I'm sure they enjoyed your rental. Good luck with it.

P.S. - Your last sentence should read 'enjoyed their stay.' I'm not en English major and don't claim to have proper grammer, but this one is pretty basic.

9. You're pretty good at spelling.

10. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeez true. Whats the big deal?

Frank has a nice beach house. He would rather have f-chat guys renting it than just some total stranger. A full sponsorship would be a bit much when all he wants to do is offer his personal beach house for rent. If he owned a condo-hotel or something sure, but its just a house.

I suspect you just have something against Frank. Perhaps his winning personality and deep love of the Dino have gotten to you?

Terry

11. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Frank- a little shiftless to post a thread where we'd expect to see pics of Ferraris at your beach house! So how about it, deliver the goods! (and then casually mention that it's available for rent.)

More effective, and much less jarring, than the real-estate-ad wording you chose.

I don't have a problem with people posting occational 10% F-chat discounts for their perspective buisnesses. But Rob may. You may want to run something like this past him first.

My $0.02, take for what worth.

Looks like a nice little beach house BTW. Garage details? ;)

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Artherd, photos are on my website www.capesanblasvacation.com The house has no garage, but it does have a 2 car carport which will protect your car from the elements just fine. And, I give both Ferrari and Dino owners the full 10% discount when they mention FC. And I am glad to see other FCers offer their discounted services on FC. Whenever I can buy from someone that shares my passion for Ferrari, I will.

13. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Terry, I think you missed the point. Frank is not trying to do us a favor. He does not care who rents his house. I have two beach condo's myself and I can tell you that I don't care who rents them as long as the mortgage gets paid every month. Franks little ad's are self serving. Don't mistake his attempt to pay his bills for an act of philanthropy. If he wants to show how much he cares about his fellow F-chatters he could start by having more respect for them. As Artherd said, it would be different if he just casually mentioned it once or twice. I have even done that myself. Frank's posts are not a casual attempt, they are a direct marketing campaign. I might also add that all but a few of us are total strangers to Frank. The only thing he knows about us is what we write here. Frank, do everyone a favor and give up on the ad campaign. It is starting to sound like you are desperate to rent it.

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Airbarton, while I agree that I like to keep my rental house booked as much as possible, and that my ads are not pure acts of philanthropy, I do like to rent it to people that I believe will treat it well which I assume most Ferrari owners would do. I have seen the damage done to other peoples rental property who do not moniter who they rent to. In fact, I just turned down a two week rental to someone who wanted it for a "senior trip". But, I do like to "turn people on" to Cape San Blas and it's natural beauty which most people are unaware of. When most people think of the Gulf coast they think of Panama City, Destin/Sandestin and other crowded tourist trap areas. The Cape offers the prestine beauty of old Florida yet is still within a few miles of great restaurants and various points of interest. The fishing, boating, diving and other water sports are also available without the crowds. You can even ride horses on the beach at the Cape. Try that at PCB ! By the way, with a high stress job such as you have, a week at the Cape would be great for you . Try it, you'll like it.

15. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Thanks for the offer Frank but when I need to get away I go to one of my condo's in Gulf Shores. Gulf Shores has all the things you are talking about and on top of it the condo has all the same amenities as a hotel. I'm sure the cape is beautiful but I have been in love with Gulf Shores since the first time I saw it. I'm like you, I don't want to spend my time at a crowded tourist trap like Destin or Panama City, those places are for the younger crowd that want all the excitement. That is why my wife and I go to Gulf shores, there we can have the best of both worlds. Most of the units in our condo are owned by retired people or younger full time residents. In fact, out of several hundred units only a hand full are in the rental pool. So, If we want peace and quite we can lounge around the condo and if we want excitement we can take a short drive to Mobile or Pensicola. Maybe what we should do is work out some sort of a trade so you can see what I mean. I'll give you a free weekend in one of my condo's in exchange for the same in your house with one stipulation, no more ad's! Fair enough?

16. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Airbarton, I've been to Gulf Shores and agree that it is much better than PCB and Destin/Sandestin. But still, compared to the Cape, Gulf Shores is like Miami Beach ! I will mention a week trade to my wife though and see if she's interested. We too like to go to a more touristy spot sometimes. FYI there is no building allowed at the Cape higher than three stories so you don't have to look at highrises when you take a stroll on the beach. Most of the Cape is a protected wilderness area so there are few houses and thus few people. I have heard it compared to what Captivia Island was 30 years ago.