Please contribute to list of Ferrari mechanics in US... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Please contribute to list of Ferrari mechanics in US...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Nov 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    One more. Clutch job on an F50 requires the gearbox and rear suspension to roll away from the front of the car.
    Fabulous to see.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Hudsom Historics in Ossining, NY. They used to be Bob Akin's shop. They do first class work. Have a stable of GTP cars they work on as well as a few Ferraris. They rebuilt Jeff Ippoliti's engine, did a wild F40 & my 512TR race cars, pics of the construction below

http://hudsonhistorics.com/Project512.htm

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brian, keep me in mind when planning this trip because I'm also planning a drive to Pebble this Summer. I may be planning to do further north through Colorado and Utah than you might. (I can't stand Interstates.) But, let's at least compare notes. Oh, I forgot... I hope you have an F-car by then :)

DrTax

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yes, we should. We'll go one way and return a different way... one of the two through Colorado. We love Colorado and spend much time there... driving all over the place. With expensive cars its a bit scary though... summer is basically "repair the roads" season... tons of gravel from road construction to watch out for. But the roads are some of the best sportscar driving anywhere.

HOWEVER, depending upon our time constraints come August, we might have the car transported and fly to CA, giving us more time for drives through the wine country. There will be plenty of other times that we'll get to Colorado... don't know how often I'll make it with the Ferrari to California. And vineyard hopping in a Ferrari, skipping along highway 1, now that sounds like something I won't get enough of!

But we're getting a bit off-topic...

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    My favorite:

Alfa of Tacoma, LTD.
    615 St. Helens St.
    Tacoma, WA 98402

Carlo Durante owner/master technician

Servicing Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lamborgini, Maserati

6. 4Webers

4Webers Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Erickson Auto
    2363 Eastman Ave Ste 6
    Ventura CA
    805-650-1461

Bill Erickson owner

7. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Here you go Brian,

Monterey, Ca. ----Steve Fremgen, Factory trained Ferrari mechanic.

Very good. He's a Concorso Itialiano concours judge.

Used to work for Hartzel Automotive in Sand City (831) 394-6002, but now I think he sells Snap-On tools. You can call them for his home number.

8. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    I have been very happy with Eric @ The Auto Gallery 21301 Ventura Blvd. Woodland Hills, CA 91364 (San Fernando Valley) 888-233-5012.

They are the Ferrari/Porche Dealer out this way and Eric is a member of the Ferrari club and attends many of events.

9. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    I hesitate to post my friend and trusted Ferrari master. Seems some folks like to take shots at guys that do the work out of love for the cars and not just for the money. However, if you are looking for a trusted fellow in California, email me. I wouldn't take my car anywhere else. However, he doesn't take everyone and has to limit his client list because of demand. I won't post his name since he has been terribly treated here before, without cause, just because he doesn't charge outrageous fees.

10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    While in Arizona STAY AWAY FROM SCOTTSDALE FERRARI.....if you want your car to work and still have $ in your pocket.

We have two independents that are outstanding. Both are factory trained and are very, very good...no outstanding!

Alex Traverso......480-241-8877
    Andy Falvo.........480-836-7915

Both of these guys can do the new cars as well as the old and they won't take your first born in the process! Ciao...Dino

11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    In South Florida:

Murry Bacchus 954-981-5737 (I think, I have him on sp[eed dial)
    Tim Stanford

On the West Coast are a few good ones as well. Since I am not in the office I can not give you their phone numbers. E-mail me or pm me.

...and yes I know they are NOT in Ca :)

12. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Rob Suggestion:

You could run a list of Ferrari Independents that are recommended by Board Members.

13. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MORNING MARTIN

TIM STAFFORD IN FT LAUDERDALE IS A FAIR, NICE GUY TOO

14. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    In southeast MA:

John Tirrell
    IFS (Independent Ferrari Service)
    21 Hampden Drive, Unit 10
    South Easton, MA

508-238-4224

Exclusively does Ferraris. Last time I was there he was servicing Ralph Lauren's black F-40!

15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The is exactly why I want to do it. Not quite adventure travel, but blasting the back roads in a Ferrari, priceless. (Well, not really. I just had the 30k timing belt service done and brought the new extended warranty. Happiness does have a price tag, at least when it comes to Ferraris.)

I must warn you, though, that the traffic around Pebble Beach is horrible. Major, major, traffic jams. Highway 1 can be even worse. Miles and miles of RVs doing 25 mph, not good for the blood pressure.

But when you go rambling through the coastal mountains or the foothills of the Sierras, it doesn't get much better. Sweepers that you can see around. Lots of elevation changes. Life if good. Oh man, I love California.

DrTax

16. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Top... we've got about 31 Ferrari mechanics in 13 states... still have some territory to cover... we have some people popping up over the holidays... maybe they'll contribute this time...

Thanks!!

17. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Note I sent to FML that may provide some routes for you.

Gerald:

the latest issue of FML had your wonderful story about Malcolm Barksdale. One comment. I don't know about states east of Texas, but if he ever gets into Texas west of Austin and on to California, please suggest that he get off both I-10 and I-40 and try the NON-Interstate roads. They are less travelled, better scenery, and, for the most part, in excellent condition. In most states, the speed limit is almost always 65-70 mph, as well.

We recently took a trip (not in the C4, sadly) and put 4200 miles on the car between TX, CO, UT, AZ, and NM. Only 500 miles was on I-roads.

Here's some suggestions for Malcolm...or anyone else.

Texas:
    Hiway 87 from San Antonio to Lubbock, esp Sterling City to LaMesa. Typical Hill Country transitioning to West Texas roads. Straight and flat. An acquired taste, I admit!! Try the BBQ at The County Line restaurant north of Lubbock. Lovely grounds and great food. This is NOT an acquired taste!

Hiway 62-285-67 from El Paso to San Angelo. Stop off at Guadalupe Nat'l Park. Side trip to Carlsbad is also possible

Hiway 90-Alt from Rosenburg to Seguin. Some good, fast curves. Beautiful in wildflower season (Apr).

Colorado:
    285 - Denver to Santa Fe. More traffic than some others, but spectacular through the San Luis Valley.

Utah:
    I-70 (OK...here's where some of the 500 I-miles were!) Grand Junction to Cove Fort, esp west of Green River, UT. Stop off at the Big Rock Candy Mountain for a cool one. This is Utah...that means mostly, lemonade or soda.

Arizona:
    Hiway 89 - Flagstaff to Page. For REALLY back country, side trip to
    Kayenta. Watch out for Indian Reservation HP.

New Mexico:
    Hiway 180 from Edgar, AZ to Deming.
    Hiway 209 from Clovis to Tucumcari. Big change here from West TX plains down to NM desert. VERY little traffic.
    104 from Tucumcari to Las Vegas, NM.
    285 from Clines Corner to Carlsbad. Skip Roswell, unless UFOs are in your vocabulary.

18. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Going once... going twice...

Are there really only 31 good Ferrari mechanics covering 13 states in the whole of the US of A???

We're still missing these of particular interest...

Louisiana (New Orleans area)
    Alabama (near Barber)
    New Mexico (to go to California or Colorado)
    Arizona (to California)
    Missouri (to get to Indianapolis or Mid-Ohio)

19. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Okay, here's the (evidently) complete list of US Ferrari mechanics that are recommended by F-chatters. It lists 34 mechanics in 17 states; I guess its tough to own a Ferrari in the other 33 states!! So, if you're traveling in your Ferrari and have mechanical probs, make sure you have this list in your Palm or laptop!

Since the board doesn't support tabs or tabular formatting, I have included a comma-separated file for importing into the app of yor choice, and attached an Excel file. The Excel file has two worksheets... one for recommended mechanics and one for authorized Ferrari dealers (so you can get warranty repairs done).

City,St,Phone,Business,Contact,Comment
    ,AZ,480-241-8877,,Alex Traverso,
    ,AZ,480-836-7915,,Andy Falvo,
    Campbell,CA,408-369-9792,Veloce Speedesign,Mark Spencer,
    Livermore,CA,925-759-6102,SR Exotics Automotive,Wayne Hynes,
    Orange,CA,714-639-1706,Ferrari Technologies,Larry Englehart,
    San Mateo,CA,,Dino Motors,Johannes Huwyler,
    Ventura,CA,805-650-1461,Erickson Auto,Bill Erickson,
    Woodland Hills,CA,888-233-5012,The Auto Gallery,Eric,FNA Dealer
    Boulder,CO,303-449-9112,Thomas Vintage Motors,David Helms,
    Colorado Springs,CO,719-385-0953,Mondino Imports Inc.,Massimo Mondino,
    Denver,CO,303-730-7340,Ferrari of Denver,,
    Gaylordsville,CT,860-350-1515,Sport Auto,Bill Pollard,
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL,954-764-7824,Stanford Foreign Cars,Tim Stanford,
    ,FL,954-981-5737,,Murry Bacchus,south FL
    West Chicago,IL,630-231-3400,Fox Valley Motorcars,Dan,
    Stillwell,KS,913-402-1710,Autosport Gallery,Chris Hill,
    Kenner,LA,504-466-2744,Linsey Automotive,Jim,near New Orleans
    South Easton,MA,508-238-4224,IFS Independent Ferrari Service,John Tirrell,
    Weston,MA,781-647-7300,Boston Sportscar Company,,
    Laurel,MD,301-470-6464,"Grand Touring, Inc",Chuck Wray,
    Audubon,NJ,856-547-6522,Palma's Automotive Repair,Joe or John Palma,
    Elizabeth,NJ,908-352-3939,Classic Coach,,
    Las Vegas,NV,,Italy Service,"John, Oscar",expensive
    Ossining,NY,,Hudsom Historics,,was Bob Akin's shop
    Spring Valley,NY,845-425-2600,Wide World of Cars,"Jim Murphy, ext 245","Fchat sponsor, FNA"
    Dublin,OH,614-799-5983,Midwestern AutoGroup,,"near Columbus, FNA"
    Rosemont,PA,610-527-1100,Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia,,FNA Dealer
    Austin,TX,512-474-7223,Moorespeed Race Engineering,David Moore,
    Dallas,TX,214-320-2228,Dallas Autosports,Tim Taylor,
    Dallas,TX,972-831-8111,Norwood Performance,James or Ken,Fchat sponsor
    Houston,TX,713-682-0370,Pinnacle Motorsports,John Vallandingham,
    Nevada,TX,972-771-0804,Shadetree Enginetrics,,east of Dallas
    Plano,TX,972-366-2400,Ferrari of Dallas,,FNA Dealer
    Tacoma,WA,253-572-2532,Alfa of Tacoma,Carlo Durante,

20. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Here's the list of Fchat recommended mechanics and FNA dealerships as vCards that you can import into Palm or wherever you keep your address book. It has Palm Category set to "Fchat" to make it convenient to keep this list updated to the latest recommended list posted here... and prevent it from mixing with any of your personal address book entries.

Can anyone fill in these blanks:

Andy Falvo: company and city?
    Italy Service: phone and is city Las Vegas?
    Hudsome Historics: phone?
    Murry Bacchus: company and city?
    Alex Traverso: company and city?

Also, if anyone would like to give Fchat recommendation for a dealer as being a good, reliable, trustworthy mechanic, please do so. (I've included the dealers whether recommended in this thread or not, for those of us with cars under warranty; those that are recommended have that noted in the Comments field.)

Enjoy! And further recommendations... particularly for the missing 33 states... are still encouraged!!

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    James Ward
    Ward's Auto Service
    865-397-5928
    Travelling mechanic, covers TN, VA, GA, AL, NC

Takes care of my Ferrari and P-bug exclusively.

22. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    Dick Guthrie
    ATD
    1015 SE Main
    Portland, OR
    503-232-5401

23. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Autocar Sports
    Brian Stewart
    http://www.autocarsports.com
    1733 Expo Lane
    Indianapolis, IN 46214
    Phone: 317-271-9955
    Fax: 317-487-6364

Brian Stewart is a top notch guy for the Indianapolis area. I would highly recommend him for any Ferrari service.

24. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Huntington Station, NY, Auto Sport Designs, 631-425-1555, Tom, Barry or Antoine

25. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Well, I'd recommend FOH accross the board (dunking and running for cover...)