USAA auto insurance dividend check | FerrariChat

USAA auto insurance dividend check

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ty (360mode), Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    everyone else get theirs too? curious if other insurance companies do anything like this?

7% of your auto insurance premium. usaa really is tops, imo.

2. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Metlife does this too.

Ed

3. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    USAA is my life insurance provider. I had them quote my cars a couple of years ago but their rates were much higher than State Farm (who I've used for 20 years).

I've received a refund from State Farm in the past but I don't remember them referring to it as a dividend...

4. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Got mine Sat. from USAA. I think they are head and shoulders above the rest. Their rates are much cheaper here in MI. I've even had car dealers and other insurance agents say USAA is one of the best.

5. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Used them for 30 yrs-Great co-Had a water leak which lifted 6 tiles from a 30' long hall.They couldn't match the tile so they replaced the entire hall tiling at a cost of $35K (to them)
    Rates are imp't but the ease and fairness of a settlement when one has a claim is of paramount importanceand separates the run of the mill ins co's from the outstanding ones.
    Sounds like I'm writing advertisement for USAA!!

6. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    couldn't agree with you more. i've had similar experiences with them with auto claims.

the 7% back is certainly a nice gesture! i'm surprised they were still able to do this with the crappy market performance (other than this year) and all the natural disasters, as they noted in their letter.

7. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Got my check today. I've had insurance salespeople try to get me to switch, but when I tell them I have USAA they don't bother to try any further.