For you watch collectors... | FerrariChat

For you watch collectors...

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by lesterm, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Christmas time is upon us, and, as we all know, it is far better to give than to receive. So, to have the best of both worlds, I am going to give myself a new watch for Christmas :) The problem is, I don't really know which one I want. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the following timepieces:

Patek Philippe 5110 World Time
    Patek Philippe 5054
    Patek 5134 Travel Time
    Patek 5056

I am also debating the Patek 3940, but I am not sure if I want to go there...

I am leaning toward the 5110 because I think it is neat, but I have never had any experience with any of these watches.

Any advice?

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    LES.....I OWN A FOSSIL 89.00 ONE, DOES THAT HELP YOU?? :)

BRUCE

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Close, I chose the 5055.

DL

4. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I have a 5035 Annual Calender Watch. It's just a great watch like all PPs you will pass it down to your kids and it will become more and more valuable. If I were you I would go with the World Timer.

Bob

5. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Do you want these watches based on its characteristics, looks, or any other factors? You can buy one, and later trade it for different models if you go to the right store. DuBoulle in Dallas, TX is very helpful. The owner, Dennis, is F-car owner, and very nice, as well as Jeff & Rance. They swap my watches at least few time a year. (don't expect to make money by doing this though, you will lose money. I just think I paid for its usage)

I don't know these ref. numbers off my head as I call them by model names. World Time is very convenient whenever I travel. Nautilus can be used any day. 5036 Moon Phaser can be used any day, but I don't want to scratch WG so mostly I wear it w/ my suits. (when I am in suites, I behave differently) Is 5036 similar to 5056?

If you can, see all of them at once & compare. You'll know how you feel of each watches better that way.

Like Ferrari, searching for the right watch for you is fun part, so enjoy!

6. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    5056P is a stunner.

5510 in platinum is beautiful.

3940 with the Roman dial is a classic Patek with a bit of flair.

Get a new 5056P or a used 3940 w/Roman dial. Can't go wrong with either one.

Paul