Shelby series 1 | FerrariChat

Shelby series 1

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robiferretti, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    what do you guys think of the car, likes dislikes?

i might look into getting one, its different and you dont see them everyday. seems to perform fairly well... i dunno brainstorming

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Honestly, I think the styling is a little overdone. But if you like it then that's all that matters. :)

3. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    To me they look cool, But I don't know much about them. H.P.? Ect.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'm not crazy about the styling either. I've only seen one "in person" and that was from a distance... so it's hard to say. Some cars look and feel a lot different in person than they do in print. Bottom line is if you like it get it. Cars are about what they do for you... how you feel driving them, owing them and taking care of them. Good luck

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I have no personal experiences with the SS1 but from what I understand, they weren't successful due to quality and reliability issues- the interior "felt cheap" and the car almost had a kit-car feel to it.. I've seen a couple and I love them in person but obviously haven't driven one or spent an extended amount of time around them.

6. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Pass- Big time reliability problems.

7. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    If you're serious about this car do your homework. They've had many problems and the business hasn't appeared too stable either. I think the car looks like a caricature--all its features are exaggerated. If you want an American-built limited edition sports car look at the Panoz Esperante. I'm not a big fan of those either, but I think it's a better buy than the Panoz.

8. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    They are **** boxes. My dad's company CNA extended warranties has contracts for all 500 cars, and the 4.0 V8 they use from the Aurora is a POS. Crank case and intake manifold gaskets don't last, along with other things. Shelby flew a few people out of Las Vegas from my dads office to give the Series 1 a test drive, fast but poorly desgined. Shelby sold his soul on that car.

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    ok thanks guys, ruling that car out, i didn't like the idea of the oldsmobile engine anyway!

the panoz esparante has a cobra motor lol, no thanks!

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Rob
    For the money a vette is much more car. Always remember you can't polish a turd.