Financing an F-car with J.J.Best | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Financing an F-car with J.J.Best

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sduke, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    I'm thinking about a TR as well, what made you decide on 86-89?
    By the way, I agree, go for it. We are all dead a long time.I like the idea of a home equity line, nice to let Uncle Sam help finance your F car. As we all know, there are Ferraris and there are.....

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Acquisition cost was my deciding factor. Also, a car that has been driven somewhat and hopefully been sorted by now is also worth something to me, as opposed to a garage queen.

Frankly......whether it's an 86 or a 91...........it's going to cost a lot of money to operate and fix when something traumatic happens...........so, spend less initially, have less debt, and the same amount of fun.

My attitude anyways..........FWIW.

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i say do it. if i dont get a fcar now while i am single, the cars i like will be too valuable to touch. i remember when the 206/246 cars were dirt cheap but i was too young to get one. i am 32 and want a plain carb 308 while the "gettin" is good. the V12 stuff is great but i have yet to see any i could both buy and take care of. my vote...... GET IT NOW WHILE YOU CAN AND ENJOY THE DRIVE.... didnt mean to steal the other guys quote but it kicks ass!

4. Shadow DN8

Shadow DN8 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Wanting a black or blue TR will work in your favor. When you find a black or blue one, tell the seller you really wanted a red one and they probably will lower their price :)

5. mikster

mikster Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    LA
    Full Name:
    SLOMO

6. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    By all means do not wait any longer.

After I could cover the house payment, retirement, college, etc etc at an appropriate rate, then when I could also swing a car payment I bought my 328 when I was 34. I went with Putnam leasing and they did good work, but the interest is front loaded so when I bought out 1.5 years later, I had very little equity in the car. I paid it off when my house appreciated to the point I could get a home equity loan.

I think waiting until you have saved all the money is stupid if you can cover the monthly payment and have plenty left for maintanance. Who cares about making the best financial decision this one time (all other decisions are very responsible) , hell its a Ferrari and you only live once!!!

7. mikster

mikster Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    LA
    Full Name:
    SLOMO
    Looking to purchase a 355 spider in 2004.

1. Were there major changes besides body shape, from the 348 to 355 in 94/95

2. Any engine mods from 95 to 99, besides f-1 shifting

3. Is the yearly maintenance overated regarding $$$ or is it really $3000 +