Vectors | FerrariChat

Vectors

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Anybody around here ever get to play in a W8? plz share your experience.

I can say, hot, but ergonomic. I was in Miami riding shotgun with a friend and doing close to 220 on the interstate this past weekend.

and left lane is reserved for W8's all other lanes for everyone else.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    What kind of road do you do 220 on?? Must've been smooth as glass (the road) ?

--Dan

3. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    For real. Damn!

I used to live in South Beach and there isn't a single road I can think of where anything near that speed can be achieved. Bridges, turns, traffic, and the occasional crappy road. How on God's green earth did you guys manage that speed? I imagine you need more than a mile to brake to a stop too!

Never been on a W8, but have been in the later M12 at parking lot speeds. Looks cool from far away, but at closer glance its flawed. Interior is not exactly top notch either, but that kind of thing doesn't bother me.

Cheers

4. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Do the W8s also have a funky interior? Do they have that weird headliner thingy going?

Cheers

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    There was a guy in Ft Laud who had a yellow W8 with ostrich skin interior. It went from shop to shop, trying to get it to run right. Horrible car. You think a Countach has no headroom? Try a W8. Horrible fit and finish, very kit car like. That car could not run 200mph unless thrown from a cliff.

Another one, was owned by a guy named Mohammad, who owned a dealer on Sunrise Blvd that got busted by the feds. Another bomb breaking down on every other corner. Ran into him once in an early Porsche of mine, maybe 400hp but very light, 2500pds. On a roll, dont remember how fast the Porsche pulled him very hard.

I have a picture somewhere of my Countach with the W8, ill see if i can find it.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Lots of great places to run fast in South Fla! West 575, I-75, and my personal test track, the Sawgrass Exp!

Late night I-95 would have some good empty spots also.

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Here you go:

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Wow, you beat me to it. I just finished scanning the pic! Oh well, found some of my Lotus on the way to Sedona. Ill post those in Off Topic.

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    One thing you notice, is that the Countach is a wide car. It looks tiny next to the W8.

10. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    By then you're out of Miami though. Miami has 95, 395, and 195 as the crosses. 7 runs up and down, and there really isn't anything on the SoBe. Yeah, Southern Florida has a lot of really really flat roads that are good for some high speed runs. :D The bridges to the Keys can be fun too. Don't forget the sunscreen though or you'll arrive looking like a retarded raccoon if you wear sunglasses. Hehehe. You could always tell you the "new to warm weather" folks were. :)

Cheers

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ahhh, the 7 Mile bridge! I hit 200mph on that a few times in my Porsche.

You definately had to leave Miami to do some real fast running, although you could hit some mph on 195 heading in! 395 usually to crowded with people headed into S. Beach.

12. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    I hated South Beach traffic. It was appalling. My wife had a Bentley Azure at the time and I used to drive that big ass boat and people would literally stand in front of the damn car (not hard to do when you're crawling down Washington Ave club traffic). Girls would literally try to jump in when the top was down, which would thoroughly piss off the Ferrari guys. My wife refused to drive the car alone because of the harrassment she got.

Did you have your Lamborghini there? I can't imagine what kind of attention that must have gotten.

I only saw two Lamborghinis on the road the whole time I was there. I know that sounds like little. I saw a silver roadster and a black diablo that had an unfortunate run in with a Hummer. Stupid kid in a Hummer backed into the car when he was stuck in traffic and got impatient. The silver roadster was running on the adjacent lane and was equally stopped by foot traffic. He gave me a thumbs up as he picked up a girl on the spot, in the middle of the street and drove away. Left her boyfriend with a stupid look on his face. Sad, yet hilarious at the same time.

Back on topic. I did see a black Vector (W8) in Miami once. I think it was black. It was a long time ago. I distinctly noticed the width of the car as Allan has pointed out. The thing is just huge. It was parked, although not at the dealership. It was curiously missing plates though.

Cheers

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I did 200 MPH down Ocean Dr on my Segway, its the special 500hp twin turbo model

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    William: how did you resolve the downforce issues that have plagued owners of your edition?

--Dan

15. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Dan I added a Hoover super suction front spoiler, You also get added thrust by eating at Taco Bell

16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Do you happen to have a before and after dyno sheet? I am very interested in your power gains. Also, how much work was necessary for said Hoover venturi ducting?

--Dan

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ive had both my Diablos in Miami. Im suprised you only saw 2 Diablos there. There are a ton of them. One guy on Miami Beach owns 7 of them, and goes riding around with his friends.

Please dont remind me of South Beach, the Diablo and women! OMG!

The Vector you saw was undoubtedly Mohammeds. He always drove around with no tags, as he kept his dealer tag in the car with him.

18. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just pop riveted the Hoover to the floor of my rocket, Dyno ho will depend on how many refried beans & spicey sauce you eat

19. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    I saw many more parked. Only 2 out on the street driving around. My neighbor had one but never seemed to take it out. They were far scarcer than any other exotic though.

Cheers

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    William, now that you shaved, u must be faster on that Segway !

21. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Andrew, I told you not to tell any1 I shaved down there

22. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    The Hoover suction is horrible, all they have is a name. Go for one of the better preforming companies at the same price like Electrolux and such. More power for less cost. Also they have a deal going on where they sell new suspension because of their colab with Eibach. Make sure you get the green series instead of the yellow because the yellow are prone to losing their "bouncyness" after a couple hundred miles or once the vacumm kicks in.

23. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Thanks for the tips...William; have you found your hairlessness an effective drag reduction tool?

--Dan

PS: We all know why Andrew knows! :D

24. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    I have never liked Vector. To me they always looked cheap and thrown-together. Lamborghini Wanna-be in my books. :) No hate mail please!

25. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    What color was your friend´s W8 ?
    Which VIN is it. I am stilll searching for two missing W8´s out of the total production of 19 that were made. Please contact me at [email protected]
    (the VECTORfiles www.drive.to/vector)