buyer beware | FerrariChat

buyer beware

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by coachi, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    does anyone know of a Randy Gilbert from Oakmont, PA.? He offered me the Testarossa manual and parts catalog...in their original form, not a print; and a filter element since he had sold his TR. I sent him the check. He now calims he will send me a CD of the manual and part catalog (which I could care less about) and a filter element....He will not respond to my emails...as I have told him I did not want any CD's...I will stop payment on the check tomorrow if I can....Grrrrr....ferrari members who are not honest...

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    who said he was ever a Ferrari owner, except he himself?

3. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    he sounded decent, even knew who I was and mentioned his friend's name who had played soccer against my teams at North Carolina.

In any case, buyer beware of any emails from that jerk. He goes by R G as his email address, and he supposedly lives at 1000 Wade Lane Oakmont, PA 15139. Randy Gilbert.... I am willing to bet I get absolutely nothing....that makes my blood boil....worse than being screwed by a Ferrari repairman....

4. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Coachi:

Email me at [email protected]. I have some info for you that may be of help.

Ken

5. squeeky

squeeky Rookie

Sep 24, 2003
    I replied to his post also. But haver been away. I sent him an email letting him know I would take the Filter but as I have been busy did not send the money order.
    You have just warned me in time. I was also offered manuals and cd but did not need them

6. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    what a clever scammer this guy is. He sends me a filter (??????cheap I am sure) and then includes a CD-R of the parts manual and service manual he has copies himself on a cheap CD-R from office Depot. That is how he covers his ass. He claims he has parts manual and service manual but leaves out the CD-R part. I even emailed him long ago telling him not to send that junk, and he sent it anyhow...just got it today...and he has made the same offer to squeeky as you can see above. I guess making copies of CD's is cheap....and so are those cheap filters God knows where he found them....makes a tidy profit...grr....

7. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    You might think about contacting Ferrari's legal department. Copying the service/owner's manual himself on a CD-R and then selling it is a copyright violation.