Personal Lawsuit Liability | FerrariChat

Personal Lawsuit Liability

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by spidr, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    I was thinking recently about this. With the holiday coming up and all the "fancy" meals, how does one protect oneself? I have heard of a case of someone suing over bad food from a nieghbors party. So, say you "invite" some guests for a nice "giving" "free" meal into your warm home and someone gets sick and sues....and wins...and you lose your house....It just doesn't add up. How does one protect oneself against this especially with the "icy" driveway. There must be some way to insure or protect your own personal assets from this ****. Hell, Santa could sue if he is lactose intolerant and goes for the milk and cookies..

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Ice the cake with an indemnification clause, whereby the partygoer agrees to hold the partygiver harmless in the event of a gastronomical, tortious, reckless, wanton, willing, malicious, intentional and downright BAD Christmas dinner.... stipulating that said cake consumption constitutes an agreement between partys.

My bill for this is:
    1/2 hour at $500 per hour, even though this response took me 4 minutes. I will think about it for 26 minutes over the next day and a half...PROMISE :)

DL

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Darthsquire... Isn't it spelled "parties"...?

Signed,
    DESquire

:)

4. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003

Contract null on mispell...House gone.....Will you take the debt too??

Seriously is there insurance for this? Trust fund? I can't imagine having a stack of contracts on my person for everything...although that might be lucrative for the attorneys.....Darth, I have a coupon for buy 4 anytime minutes get 3000 night and weekend minutes

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I agree to reduce my bill by 9% for the mis-spelling. If you refuse to remit payment, I'll sue, file a mechanics lien on your property and lis pendens to block your upcoming sale.

THAAAAAANKS DESSSSS

DL

6. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    buy an umbrells policy and you should be ok - usually couple hundred bucks a year - there are limitations - certain dogs, trampolines etc

7. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    Yeah, but what about dogs ON trampolines?

8. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    or even worse... a trampoline on a dog?!

9. ART360

ART360 Guest

Make them all sign a release when they come into your house. Of course, after a short while, you won't have to worry about this, the're be gone anyway.

Buy insurance. That's what its for.

Art