328 At Lambo Dallas | FerrariChat

328 At Lambo Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by future328driver, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Its an '87 with about 8k miles. Red/tan for $60k. They must be insane!

2. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    They also have a yellow 355 F1 Spyder with around 7k miles for $128k. Ridiculous.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Actually, according to this thread that 355 just sold to a new Fchatter.

The 328 is nice but not perfect. Jim E and Rob and I saw it one day. I don't think any 328 is 60K nice.

4. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    That F355F1 is my new toy. I sat in that 328 and it is really nice. One of the best I have seen. Too pricey though. All of their cars are in near excellent condition. Don't buy from Lineback in Dallas though. Their cars are not in too good condition and they sit outside( a big nono for any Ferrari). Porsche of dallas also lets Ferraris sit outside.

5. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    But Lineback are good people from my limited involement. And I don't know that sitting a modern car outside, even a Ferrari, would warrant a no-sale. It's the old ones I'd be more nervous of.

6. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    True Matt. I have always found lineback to be great guys, but once I saw the quality of the cars at Lambo Dallas and Ferrari Dallas, it solidified my decsion of where to purchase. I guess I just love Ferraris too much. I think it is s shame to leave them in the elements day after day.

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    So Alan, when do we get to meet your new toy?

8. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I would love to get together with some other F car guys in Dallas. Are there any get togethers?

9. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Alan,
    Congrats on the new 355. It is a beatiful car. I am just amazed at how unrealistic some sellers are with respect to their "perceived" value of the car. A few weeks ago, there was a guy on the board who wanted $110k for his '95 456.

A while back, I was looking at a Mondial cab at Park Place motors, but they started out asking about $13k more than the car was worth, and when they finally did reduce the price, they set it at "blue book" even though the car needed a bumper repaint and was less than a year away from needing a major. I offered them bluebook minus the cost of the major minus the cost of the bumper repaint and they were adamant that they would not sell for that price (which was about $28k and the exact right price for the car based based on what the guy who maintained the car for its previous owner told me).

Last I saw the car was relisted on e-bay numerous times, each time with a lower buy-it-now price. Then, when they could not get me to deal on the Mondial, they e-mailed me and asked if I would be interested in a 348 they just received on trade. I don't think so.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They don't want to sell these cars, just create the "illusion" that people are trading in for their brand.
    Park Place Mercedes here in Houston always has a 360 or pcar conspicuously displayed on the used car lot.

I've talked to 'em about the 360s, and it's always "just sold" or ourageous price. Just a game. The Rolls Royce dealer has a few 355s, too, as if......

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I actually sent an email to Autolink once from the "F.P.S." giving them a sitation for a red 355 out in the elements. I like Lineback, only been there once, but got a nice tour, a free lunch, and the intent to sponsor FCA events. I don't think sitting a car out in the elements a couple weeks to sell is as bad as a 8k mile '87 328. That's really sad. :)

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Been my experience that Lineback is a good operation but can be a little flakey on occasion.
    Lambo Dallas and Motorcars int out of St Louis (partner) top notch operators
    FOD FOH very professional
    Autolink Keep getting weird vibes from them don't know why...

Any other Specialty Car (High end) out there that you know of?