Turn a F50 into a F50 GT | FerrariChat

Turn a F50 into a F50 GT

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by tifosi12, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good progress has happened: The rear wing is off and I had to fill the holes. Also built the new engine lid and the cabin roof bump. All with Bondo and modeler's putty. Then sand it down. Then more putty. Sand. Putty. Sand. Putty...ad infinitum.

After about six levels of bondo/putty it has now been completed and the entire car has been air brushed with real Ferrari rosso corso paint! It looks pretty cool so far. Now I have to work on getting all the details back on like the lights, the trim etc. Probably another month or so, but I think it will look pretty good once finished.

2. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Here how the car looks after painting. More to follow as I move along.

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Awesome Andreas! Well done - thanks for the pics and I can't wait to see the finished version.

Congrats!

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Andreas... This is really cool... Fellas like me go out and buy the completed models; then there are other folks who go out and buy models that require assembly; then there's you... You go out, buy models already assembled, then you DISASSEMBLE parts of them and parts of others to make whatever you want, custom-fitted to YOUR specifications... Very cool stuff, indeed... Thank you for sharing... You're a king amongst collectors...

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    What an awesome project - I never even thought to do such an extensive mod on a model. Can't wait to see the finished product.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks all for your kind words.

I'm far from being good at doing these things. But I'm learning. Each project reaches the point of no return, from where you can't go back but either throw it all in the trash bin or continue on the belief/hope that it will all turn out well.

This project has reached that point several times, but I think I'm finally over the bump and it will turn out right.

As much as I enjoy building these things, I'm still basically lazy and would buy a finished version if it existed or existed at reasonable prices.

7. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    wow, thats awesome. I've actually been planning to do that to one of my F50's but keep procrastinating, can't wait to see what yours looks like.

8. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    btw, if thats 1/18 (it appears to be), there is a 1/18 f50 gt model but i've only ever seen 2 for sale