Is this the pot calling the kettle black ?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Is this the pot calling the kettle black ??

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FLATOUTRACING, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nope. See, I can make the distinction between movies and reality. Movies don't affect real people, but f*ckheads like Saddam do. What's so hard about that?

2. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I would not find it humiliating if someone posted a picture of me saying AAH. I did not for one minute think that it was humiliating until reading this post.

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Blah blah blah, Robin. 500 words to say nothing.

I claim no moral high ground here. The US is in a street fight against the thugs of the world, plain & simple. We need to play by THEIR rules, and the French, the UN, and all the other bleeding heart arschlechers can just go ***** in a hat.

BTW, comparing the gentle, humane treatment of Saddam by doctors to the way our injured, beaten, and TRULY humiliated soldiers were paraded around like pinatas, is a new low. Thanks for sinking to it.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Art, did you take that from a Carl Sagan (sp) book? Please tell me you don't believe that.

Warn us next time before you say something like that so we can put on our pantaloons.

Sunny

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Videos and things HAD to be posted.

Do you think the world would stand by while we cosset him away to a secret location without a third neutral party monitoring everything on behalf of the international community?

The rash of ***** we would have received by not having a camera follow him everywhere would be greater than if we didn't. We have an international "treasure," the international community needs to see its being taken care of, even if it means the poor fuk has to have his hair combed throughly and his tonsils checked.

Bunch of snivelling asswipes.

Sunny

Edit: Even prisoners have dignity. He will retain his, its not like we're asking him to do the fuking "cough test" on national TV, are we? Don't you have a tree to hug?

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    All this whining about Sadam and the Geneva Convention make me sick. It shows just how detached modern western liberals have become from rational thought. They are just to coddled in this comfy world of hours. The reality is we are spoiled, and the liberals don't have a f***ing clue how harsh the world, in general, really is. They somehow rationalize their position (within there own selves, and with other liberals) to distance themselves from that reality. I suppose it's a lot more comfortable that way.

As the saying goes:
    If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart.
    If you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Great posts for different view points. I don't think presenting facts necessarily merits one as a Liberal or Conservative. I voted for GWB and see nothing wrong with the treatment Saddam received. If the pictures were not shown of him I don't think anyone would believe he had been caught.

The way the Doctors and US Military treated him was far better than that Tyrant ever treated his own people or our Soliders.

On saying that I agree that we are the ones that trained him and provided him with Weapons in the Iran/Iraq conflict. I also believe that the major reason for the first Persian Gulf war was a fear that if he had the nerve to invade Kuwait than Saudi Arabia was next on his agenda.

The guy is a bad guy and whatever happens to him next he probably deserves it, but lets not forget that is initial training and Military build up was originally helped by the United States. It is the same case for Bin Laden he was a friend when he was fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan, but he turned on the US when he had a chance. Different times and different Foreign Policy create what we have to deal with in the future.

I also agree that the Powers of the CIA diminishing has not helped us in the past two decades.

My 2 cents, as a Conservative.

8. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I think they could have chosen better images to broadcast. Not because I give a crap about how they treat the guy, but because the particular video they showed may be seen as degrading by the Iraqi audience and piss one of them off enough to take another shot at one of our guys over there or become a suicide bomber. Saddam obviously still has lots of supporters over there - no need to motivate them any further.

9. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003

Maranelloman, may care to congratulate him for "sinking to it"
    since "We need to play by THEIR rules"

>Blah blah blah,

>500 words to say nothing.

It takes an infinite amount of packaging to package nothing.