Custom Stereo in A Mondial Cab? | FerrariChat

Custom Stereo in A Mondial Cab?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Kent DeAvilla, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kent DeAvilla

Kent DeAvilla Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Has anyone upgraded their sound system in a Mondial Cab. I have a 87' 3.2 Cab and I would like to hear the music cut through the engine's sweet harmony, sometimes. I have a Kenwood CD player running the pair of Polk door speakers. I have a new RF Power amp I'm thinking will mount on the inside of the spare tire well in the front truck. Has anybody fit a small subwoofer in their car? If so, where? I appreciate any suggestions.

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I have a blaupunt amp under the passenger seat

3. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    I had an extensive custom setup installed in my 88 Mondial Cab. several years ago. Poweramps underneath both front seats (instead of taking up trunk space). Nakamichi deck with Sony DAT. Between the lower console and the dash at the rear of the console (just past the shifter) there is a gap between the console and the dash. A fiberglass cabinet covered with matching beige leather was fabricated to enclose the subwoofer. It filled in the gap and looked like it was originally part of the car. The subwoofer enclosure was made by some company (k&m?) back then, can't remember the exact name. The second deck slid into the front part of the subwoofer cabinet and was just above the main deck spot. It looked and sounded great.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I drove a 92 T cab. with a Alpine system. Very nice except for one problem. The Alpine unit had a flat screen monitor that that came out of the indash every time when started. It would basically get in the way of the shiftgate.

5. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I just realized that my Mondial has a very nice stereo system. ;)

Owned the car 2+ years now, never use it.

The "music" comes from that sweet 3.2 in the back.
    Alden

davem likes this.
  6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Yes i have seen the pic of your car parked by your fish lake, bellowing out sweet rock music