Early Father's day gift | FerrariChat

Early Father's day gift

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by judge4re, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Okay, Karen and I are still moving to Shanghai next month, but a friend is selling a 1989.5 Carrera 4 to buy a plane. I'm thinking about getting it for my dad as a thank you gift for putting up with my cr@p for all these years. The p-bug is gulf blue with tan seats. 102,000 miles. Good gift or run away?

2. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Hi Judge,

Hmmm, 89.5; first run for the 964 platform. In my opinion, one of the most underrated 911s of all time.
    As with any car, some horror stories associated with it that can be exagerrated.

A great reference point: http://forums.rennlist.com. You'll find a pretty active 964 section as well as a valuable archive.

That said, let me be the first to say GET A PPI DONE!!!! No if,s ands, or buts!!

Keep us posted, and good luck in Shanghai!

Sarc

P.S.-And if you really want to be a good son, ditch the boring Design 90s and fit some Carrera Cup 17s to her!

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The PPI and test drive came back with flying colors. Only the original radio doesn't work. Other than that, a well taken care of car with only 25,000 miles on the gear box (thanks to previous owners 18 year old missing a shift).

Deal's done. Car's mine, minus the paper work.