Meet / Drive Dec 21st? | FerrariChat

Meet / Drive Dec 21st?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Dec 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Everyone around? Kuzi's in town, so I'm definetly going to meet with him.

What do you think we could get away with on a drive? Some distance, although we'll have to take it easy due to weather. I've been driving rain or shine, so you pansies better also! :D (Notable exception goes to Luke, whom I believe would have to bring a bucket :D ).

So what routes are suggested? I say we all just take off for La Jolla...

--Dan

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Isn't this the Infineon Kart day with Art?

Gary

3. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Yeah...why dont we just all drive to Infineon Raceway to meet with Art & PeterS.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Is it? Do we all get to go Karting? :D

--Dan

5. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    you meant a bucket for the puking passenger...? My 40 year old machine can generate some serious G-loads. It does seal well against the rain, surprisingly.
    What is up with the Burlingame karting place that was supposed to open Dec. 7th. I am up for an "executive lunch", things are finally slowing down a bit at work, and people are starting to leave.

6. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003

If you get within 200 miles of La Jolla, let me know. I'll bring out the F40.

Rick

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Luke: I spent a day there. They need a few months to sort things out. I am in close contact with them, though.

--Dan

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Rick: I will *definetly* keep you abreast of things if we head that far...but I doubt it would happen.

--Dan

9. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I am up for a 21st drive... assuming weather is good.
    Although driving the Dino is fun in the rain... I did some nice 360's the other day on some slick pavement. The car handles like a stiffly sprung kart... in other words, FUN.

on the other hand, my modern S500 with it's electronc stability control takes all the fun out of the equation. It stops you just as the car departs from 100% traction.

Give me old fashioned hand built technology any time.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Tony: you are wilder than the rest of us...stop showing your sedate side! :D

--Dan

11. dan_west348ts

dan_west348ts Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Hollister, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan West
    I would like to do the drive on the 21st if it is not raining. I am in Hollister.

12. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Dan,

I'm leaving for St. Louis on the 20th for the holiday. Are you around this Sunday for a drive?

Vincent.

Sorry I've been awol...been a little busy over here.

13. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I can roll out for this one also I think.

-Lox
    Lotus Esprit V8

14. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    If the weather holds, I plan to be at Infenion with Art trying to kill myself in his new kart (if he lets me drive it!)....I'll have two 100cc's with me.

15. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm going to have (I hope) 2 shifters, an ICC and and Honda unit at Sears. I don't recommend anyone without kart experience try the shifter, but we'll see how that plays out.

Art

16. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Dan-

Might be able to make it if I am back from Skiing on Sat. Keep me in the loop yo.

R

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: what time will you be @ Sears?

Guys - one possibility is we go up to Sears to watch Art. I'm gonna try to dig a ride! :D

Meet in HMB, usual breakfast crew can do as they like, and the rest drive up?

--Dan

PS: Vincent - err, this sunday is the 21st?