Canadian GP trip | FerrariChat

Canadian GP trip

Discussion in 'F1' started by scuderia47, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Im planning on going to the Canadian GP this June. i've never been to an F1 GP before, and was wondering if any of you guys could give me some insight.

firstly the tickets: i definately want to spend 3 days at the track, but how much does it matter on which section i get tickets for? is there one section that is particulary bad, or really awsome? and is it worth it to spend the 3 days at the track, for practice and qualifying?

also, im open to any reccommendations on places to stay, or things to do, or if there are going to be any ferrari meets up there. any other suggestions on what to do or not to do is also very welcomed.

thanks everyone.

wasnt sure if id get a better response here or in the general forum

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  3. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    Contact Todd Lockwood @ Scudi USA in Vermont. he runs a trip to the Canadian GP every year. I have gone on seven. Its great, we drive the Ferraris to Montreal, room, tickets and most meals are included for around 3K per couple. Probably a few hundred more than doing it yourself, but try to find a room or a dinner reservation in Montreal that weekend....cant be done, its well worth it.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Joel, were you there last year? We always stay at le Centre Sheraton and met some of the group at the upstairs bar last year.

As far as planning your trip, it all depends on how much you feel like spending, of course. Like I said, my friends and I always stay at le Centre Sheraton, which is right near all the bars. The jack up the room rates, but we always put 4 into a room any way, so it's a little offset. For the past 5 years, we have waited until we got to Montreal to locate race tickets. The hotel concierge always seems to find very good seats, and the markup is minimal. All in all, with airfare, hotel and 3 days at the track, it usually costs us around $2000, not including food and drinks. You can definitely do it cheaper, but we prefer this way. If you try to get tickets through the organizers, you'll probably not get anything too good. Let me know if you have any other questions. We've been going to Montreal for over 10 years--you'll love it.

5. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Silver tickets are the best, section 12 especially (Senna turn 1). You can easily access the pit lane after the race from there and get sprayed with champagne! Crescent street is where all the Tifosi go during the week-end. Montreal goes Ferrari nuts. They close down sections for Ferraris only. In little Italy they do the same for all Italian cars, last year even saw the first Enzo on display in the park. You are treated like a God if you have your Ferrari with you. I'll be there, let's set up a meeting place. We are trying to get a convoy from Toronto to Montreal.

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #6 F1racer, Dec 18, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You're right!
    I live in Montreal and I tell you every Tifosi doesn't miss this event. There's people on Crescent street looking at the Ferrari ,F1 cars and there's even music... and then on St-Laurent street in ''la Petite Italie'' people are chating and looking at the Ferrari and other exotic cars. Oh! There's great Italian restaurants on that street btw.

Here's a pic I took of the Enzo in la Petite Italie.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    awsome!!! thanks for the replies, i cant wait to go! keep any more thoughts coming.

unfortunately, right now i dont own an F car...so ill just have to drool over all the other ones up there. ill definately check out Cresent street and try to get silver section tickets.

8. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Hopefully if all goes well it will be the first time I drive the Ferrari to the Montreal GP. Look out for the Yellow GT4. Little Italy has some great restaurants, here's a few pics from over the years...

9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Here's one of me in the pit lane with one of the chief mechanics

10. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    I've been to Montreal GP every year since 97. I usually go all three days.I'll never forget the first time I heard the sound of them cars, aaaaaaamazing.I've been at the start/ finish line, hairpin, and section 11. I agree with J. Grande, section 12 is the best place to be.thats where I'll be this year.The city of Montreal is AWESOME, Ferrari's, Lambo's everywhere, & the WOMEN,....Oh my god, just wait you'll see. Dont miss it!

11. f1paulita

f1paulita Rookie

Dec 20, 2003
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Paula Romeo
    I went to the Canadian GP in 2001, and it was the best thing ever. I suggest that you leave on the wednesday before the race and come back the next monday. I stayed at a hotel called Novotel hotel, if you want to get a good rate make the reservations now and buy the tickets directly from the track http://www.grandprix.ca/ of you get them anywhere ele is a ripoff. The best seats are grandstands 34-21-15 and 24. Gandstands 1-2 and 3 are no good. And if you need Ferrari merchandise i sell all the goodies for the race at http://www.theitalianimage.com
    Have fun, Paula