Evo magazine PCOTY Car of the Year | FerrariChat

Evo magazine PCOTY Car of the Year

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    1.Porsche GT3
    2. Lamborghini Gallardo
    3. I forgot
    4. Ferrari Stradale

2. ntingle

ntingle Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick Tingle
    3. Renault Clio 16V.

Shomething wrong shurely?

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Yeah, that was it. The magazine is still in my suitcase.

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Can anyone post this image?

2nd Lambo getting top chopped- the Gallardo is going topless
    An exclusive image in Auto Express magazine shows how the car will look when it goes head-to-head with Ferrari's 360 Spider and Porsche's forthcoming 911 Carrera 4S cabrio

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    EVO is the magazine I look most forward to picking up at Borders, the quality of writing and the magazine itself are second to none. However, it is interesting they picked the GT3 in this issue. About two months ago they had a comparison test between the GT3 and the 360CS with the 360 the winner. I guess the price issue or the noise according to this article made them change their mind. Personally I would take the 360 CS over any new performance car in that test, but that is my opinion, I know Allan would take the Gallardo. Either is a winner.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Time for a new Ferrari, isn't it. Lamborgini have really produced a car that CAN be used everyday, and probably is close to the Porsche GT3 in that regard.

I do not think any Ferrari can be used everyday ... and I am not sure I want them to be that usable ... but then I would not probably buy a new performance car anyway, unless it was a purpose built track car.

As a family man I could not purchase a road car that excluded my family from the fun. The other day we joked with my 11 year old that we had hired a Ferrari for the weekend, and I had to kill the joke because the look on his face (as he was not going to be here that weekend) was such disappointment that I could just not keep on ribbing him :), hehe.

Pete

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I love how EVOs line is the trhill of driving and they pick an AWD Lambo and a Renault over a 360 CS.

Yeah great pics , the writting would be good if they didnt compliment each other every 2 lines.

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #8 dan360, Dec 19, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    WTF are you talking about? A 360 is a very usable car... the Gallardo is NOT. You drive your Gallardo to work... time to head to a meeting... your colleague Joe says "Let's go in your car!"... you answer, "Okay, but you'll have to hold both your and my briefcases in your lap... they won't fit in the trunk."

"Honey, could you pick up some groceries on the way home. We need milk, eggs, and..." You interrupt, "Stop there! I am in the Gallardo and that's all that will fit in the trunk."

And its not even a good weekend car. Golf clubs? Yeah, right! A four-day weekend with your wife/girlfriend... "I'm sorry honey, we only have room for your purse and make-up bag... you'll have to wear the same clothes all weekend."

All of those things are trivially easy in a 360. In what way is a 360 not usable every day???

10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You guys must be using some big a$$ briefcases :)
    Golf Clubs...yes, they'd have to ride in the seat next to you. Besides my golf buddies don't like riding with me..... they say I drive too fast around the corners :)

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    True... to be fair, my little briefcase for my 12" Powerbook would fit... but my rolling briefcase for my 15" Toshiba that can carry
    documents as well... no way. If I had a 17" Powerbook, no chance at all.

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I agree with Brian. The 360 is extremely useable.

13. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    In a 360, you can fit golf clubs behind the seats without removing the driver and 3 wood from the bag (light carry bag not PGA tour bag). You could stack another bag on top of the first so you could go on an extended golfing vacation with a friend. Plenty of trunkspace up front for luggage and souvenirs. Loaded up, the performance is still pretty good.

14. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Great points. I was considering a Gallardo because of its AWD and supposed "usability". Aluminum appears to be the only way to go for performance and space.

15. mensi

mensi Rookie

Dec 9, 2003
    For years I've respected magazine's writers' opinions until recently when I had a chance to discusss a few cars and interact with a couple of them thanks to my son's marketing work at Nissan. I now rely entirely on my OWN judgement and think little of their opinions. Today I drove the CS in the canyons and can honestly say I've never driven a street car that comes so close to a real sports racer. It makes my own 360 feel "quite" inferior. My buddy Viken had his GT3 and aslo drove the CS, I hope he will throw in his comments.
    BTW, last year's EVO PCOTY car was the NSX Type R; that choice was ridiculed by a bunch of people too.