Nice 328 on Ebay | FerrariChat

Nice 328 on Ebay

Discussion in '308/328' started by Chiaro_Slag, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  2. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Very nice

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jerry,

I noticed that this morning. The GTB's really are beautiful! One of the Jersey Crew, Len S, has a Red/Tan GTB that is to die for!

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have never seen a GTB in person. :(

I love to see these cars so well cared for - Makes me smile.

5. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    That IS a gorgeous example.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Too bad it has a POS K40 'installed'.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Agreed, that IS a very nice looking car. I also see one other modification I don't care for....the jumper cable "studs" installed on the outside of the spare tire housing facing the radiator...nice to have, as it makes it easier to jump, but I might have done that differently, or made it less obvious by using a high amperage plug instead, like they use for starting race cars....

Gotta find some nit to pick on such a pretty car... :)

8. Rblcar

Rblcar Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Craig R.
    Are those rear quarter window partial covers stock? I like that look better than the full covers on my 88 GTS.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My '77 GTB has that style windows. I did not realize it went thru to the 328 GTBs as well.

10. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, side window treatment is different on the GTB's

11. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    With those miles, it's a show car, not a driver. The price has to be in the upper range and I bet it's looking at 5 figures of work to MAKE it a driver. Pass.

12. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would disagree Ken, the car appears to have been stored properly, as everything looks very nice cosmetically...and the miles show that it has been driven some, though we have no idea how regularly. The major service in the past year is a good sign as well. The only thing that might concern me a bit to make this a "driver" is the age of the tires, and if all the coolant hoses have been replaced.

I found one more "nit" to pick..the silk screening is been removed from the air box...probably by an overly agressive detailing. :)

13. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "This car has never seen rain!! It hasn't even seen a garden hose to wash it in more than two years!!"

This statement alone tells me everything I need to know about this car.... wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I too agree that is a beautiful car, I noticed it on baystate's website last week. The gtb's are great looking cars. The ad on their website says the car has had a 15k mile service but the ebay ad says it has had a major service which is a 30k?

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Oh that is funny - I was wondering what those were - I just assumed it was an upgrade on the later year models as my 87 does not have them. :)

16. 328-GTB

328-GTB Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Boston, Ma
    Full Name:
    Ralph Ebba
    Hi Guys
    I'd like to clear up a few thing here. This was my car until 2 weeks ago. I can tell you that NO expense was spared on this car.

No1 The terminals on the spare tub are for the winter battery charger ONLY. If you know where the Battery is you know it is hard to get to , so a plug that comes with a "battery tender" bolted right to these terminals and was plugged in when not in use.

No2 The air box cover came like that from the factory, not all had the silk screening.

No3 The tires are brand new Goodyear HP ZR rated with 3k on them.

No4 The car had a 30K service, Belts, tensioners, clutch, etc...

No5 The radar display is mounted with 2 sided tape.

No6 The car was stored in a "car Capsule" w/red cover on it.

No7 The car was serviced for the past 3 yrs by Ferrari of New England every spring. Every time it goes back they tell me it is the nicest
    GTB they have seen.

No8 The car from front to back is covered with Autobahnd 3m film the same as Stonguard, I had it put on the nose,the flares and behind the wheels.

No9 The car was cleaned Before and After every use and never needed to be WET. The only thing that was washed was the wheels.

Although it is not my car any more it hurts me to see it misrepresented by peoples opinions and not facts. I have been a member here since 2001 and did more listening than writing but this time I just had to. The Ferrari has left my garage but not my Heart, and someday maybe there will be another. For now a new C5 will do it. Being a GM tech for 19 yrs, a c5 better suites me. I have learned a lot from you guys and all the people here are a special group as are the cars. I have had the perfect Ferrari experience with no problems at all and this can be verified be FoNE. Nuff said

Later
    Ralph E

17. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "never needed to be WET"
    Well Ralph, that says it all!

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hi Ralph!

Nice to see the former owner posting!! If you were here, I would shake your hand for taking such nice care of that car!! :)

I was wondering why they stated in the add that it hasn't been wet in years - Thanks for clarifying!

I would have had a hard time selling that beauty!

19. DBR328&330

DBR328&330 Formula Junior

May 31, 2001
    Winchester, VA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Reese
    That was a beautiful GTB. I couldnt stop looking at the pictures even though I have a red/tan/red carpet GTB down the hall in my garage! Although GTS's have the open air feel, I think the GTB is much prettier and much more stiff. 7% of all US 328s were GTBs- 125-150 in total. I wouldnt trade mine for anything. If I were the next owner (and wanted to show it) I would get original valve stem caps, get rid of the jumper cable terminals, get rid if the radar detector and silk screen the airbox. I have never seen a 328 without the Ferrari script and I bet it has rubbed off- mine did too and I had it re-done. Then it should be a platinum. IMHO this car is worth the price!

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    "the engine is so clean you can eat off of it".....this is a much over-used cliche. Has anyone ever tried this? Ya honey........just plop my mashed potatoes on the air box cover please.