ENERGIZER OR DURACELL ON TV ??? | FerrariChat

ENERGIZER OR DURACELL ON TV ???

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BWS550, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ANOTHER POLL...

THE 30 SECOND COMMERICAL ADS ON TV.......WHICH COMPANY PRESENTS IT"S AD BETTER AMD MORE INTERESTING TO YOU??

THANKS ALL/////////

2. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I can't really think of any energizer commercials right now. All I can think of is the duracell ones where they say that they are used in space etc.

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Miller Light!

you know here I am thinking what other batterie company I can name to pi$s you off. :) The bad thing is, none comes to mind.

Duracell has a great ad strategy. For some reason they come around as being superiour to everything. Why? The color is more gold, better than silver. The way the copper head falls shut in every ad.

Energizer has the Bunny. Great to watch the ads but still the color is inferior.

Bruce, I hope you take my comments as constructive. I am not in advertising but that is how I feel as a consumer. That said, having tried your product I was very impressed. They last and last...still the same ones in my wife vibrator and it is still going. :) (just kidding, we have to replace them once a week LOL)

I can not tell you how handy that strap on head light came. I used it on so many occassions. Just love it. I also always liked the battery tester that was built into the wrapper of the battery. Have not seen that anymore. Why is that?

Good talking to you today brother Bruce.

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MARTIN

I CAN ALWAYS EXPECT AN ANSWER LIKE YOURS....YOUR WIFES VIBRATOR PROBLEMS CAN BE ELIMINATED BY USING AC....BUT THEN AGAIN IF EVERYONES WIFES USED AC INSTEAD OF DC...I WOULD BE PUMPING GAS FOR A LIVING,,'.YOUR THE MAN.....

BRUCE

5. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Your ruining the enviroment with all the batteries you sell. I guess you figure it's O.K. as long as you own a Ferrari.

6. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YOU SEE GREEN, COMMENTS LIKE THAT,PISS PEOPLE OFF...............

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy

Your = possessive
    You're = contraction for 'you are'

In regards to the poll at hand, most memorable would be the energizer bunny. It was a good ad campaign that has lasted a long time. Duracell has only the coppertop and well... that isn't that interesting.

8. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    as I mentioned in the other thread, many people thought it was the duracell bunny - that must be a real kick in the shorts to have a great ad but people think it was your competitior.

9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    The Wabbit has not been around for a while eh Bruce?

Thinking the new campain focus on the bunny inside the battery is good

The old Duracell with the "Bond" theme and different "Toys" powered by the battery were great but that damn wabbit is an Icon

10. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WRITER

THE BUNNY IS STILL AROUND, BUT DURING THE LATE 80S, MARY LOU RETTON AND "JACKO" MADE THE COMMERCIALS MORE ENTERTAINING.......

11. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I have been sitting here thinking about this and I can not think of any Energizer ads out right now. The Duracell ads stand out in my mind. The "Trusted Everywhere" campaign where they talk about being used during movie production, hospital environment, and space.

I too am curious about the batteries with the built in testers, are those still being made?

Ok. I just went to Energizer's website and looked at the current ads they are running and out of all of them I can say that I have seen two of them on television. The "Going" and "Band Camp Love" ads. The others do not seem familiar to me.

I don't know if some ads are only run in certain markets or not. That could explain why I have not seen some of them.

12. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    and I just wasted response time in the other tread.
    You don't get it Green.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    My response would be the same as Ike... I think batteries and I hear that kuh-koooo-kiiiii Duracell pinging sound. They've got me classically conditioned!

14. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    I always think of you, Brother Bruce, everytime I hear that the Energizer bunny keeps going and going and going. It reminds me (and assures me) that you are getting ever closer to the 512 TR that you want!!!!
    The oldest pool company in the nation, Wagner Pools (established 1919), uses Energizer batteries from Wellington Battery Co.
    See ya Saturday Bruce & Andrea!!!!

15. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Bruce,
    I think the current Duracell ads are trumping Energizer..but only recently. For the past 7 years or so, Energizer has been kickin' butt with the Bunny. :)

Previous to that, the Duracell toy ads reigned supreme, but started getting stale.

Duracell's "copper top" and those three tones they end the ads with will never go away...that is their trademark.

16. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HUTCH

THANKS FOR THE PLUG.

DAVE, MAYBE THE BATTERY BUSINESS IS FOR YOU AGAIN...YOU ONCE TOLD ME YOU LIKE HANGING OUT IN THE BARS NEAR BETHEL, CT...............

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    4 YEARS AND 6 MONTHS TO GO AT THIS COMPANY FOR ME.:) :)

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Bruce, get out of the archives...! :)

19. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    He is going deep!!

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    TRYING TO GO DEEPER AND FIND THE BEST OF "GARY GREEN AND TONY ROBERTS""...........

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    What do you mean? What are you doing after that?? Selling Karchers?

22. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bruce, id have to say the Energizer ads down here in Aus. The Bunny is hilarious!

On a side note, im proud to say that we Aussies are proud of our Energizer spokesman, JACKO!!!
    ENERGIZER BATTERIES LAST LONGER OI!!!

23. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HEY MIKE

THANKS FOR THE KUDDOS

I GUESS JACKO IS BETTER THAN MARY LOU RETTON.:)

24. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    NO WORRIES BRUCE
    I THINK THAT JACKO (MARK JACKSON) IS IN THE SLAMMER NOW...
    ANYWAYS THE NEW ENERGIZER AD HERE HAS A THE BATTERY TAKING SHOTS LIKE IN TERMINATOR TWO, EACH TIME A DIGITAL CAMERA FLASHES. ITS PRETTY COOL AD. I LIKE IT
    LOVE YA WORK BRUCE

25. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Energizer ad will always associate w/ the bunny & that phrase. In my household, the word "Energizer" stands for a battery, just like "Coke" stands for cola drinks.

Duracell commerical appeals more at first, but it's not catchy enough yet.

Which brand do you sell, Bruce? (just kidding)