Pet peeves | FerrariChat

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    OK. I had one of 'those days' where it seemed that everything got on my nerves. I'll sort out my top two or three pet peeves in a few days and post them. What are yours?

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
  3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Mark..You got it! I forgot about that thread! Just had one of those days today!

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Interesting. I just read that thread PeterS, and I think you are overly worried about jumping and driving off straight away.

If you read your owners manual for a normal car, it states very clearly that the most efficient and best way to warm an engine up is to drive straight away. Now ofcourse it does not say rev hard straight away, but once a car has oil pressure as long as you stay below say 3000 rpm until full operating temperatures it is not going to do any harm.

All cars would die if they did not get oil pressure in less than 3 seconds on every start, so I am interested in what you constitute a 'warm up' to mean. Do you mean that you start it and wait a couple of seconds, or minutes, or what?

I have to admit on the first start I wait a couple of seconds for it to clear its throat so to speak, but then I am off ... carefully, and I would do this even if it was a Ferrari.

Now if it was a 250GTO I would probably start it and walk around the car checking all is okay and then jump in an be off :)

Revving a car when cold is bad, not driving them straight away!

Pete

5. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Top Pet peves:

1. A personal one. I hate it when I put stuff in a safe place and then forget a week latter where that safe place is. Like if I put some papers in my breifcase and then for get that that is whjere I left them.

2. Indecisive people. From people who can't decide what lane to drive in all the way up to important decisions. Once you decide someithng, stick with it for at least a day. Your first instinct, weather it's on a test, eating lunch or currency speculation is ussually right anyway.

3. Polarized computer people. Whether it's pro-MS or Pro-Linux. Ussually the ones who are the most vocal know the least. They both get the job done and in the end, TCO is about the same with maybe a slight advantage to Linux in certain cases.

Note to script kiddies: TCO = Total cost of ownership.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Phone numbers left on answering machines by "speed-numberers" with "Private" for Caller ID:
    For example, someone who normally speaks in a slow drawl:
    ...O-k-i-e d-o-k-i-e? C-a-l-l m-e a-t (gibberish). B-y-e.

(Even after 40 listens by others with superhuman hearing, indecipherable numbers are determined to run past each other at speeds greater than the speed of light)

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    1) People who cruise in the passing lane, then 100 feet before their turn off they have to cross several lanes of traffic. I actually go out of my way to spot these people, and position my car (not the F355) to prevent then from making their exit!

2) People who belive in things that don't exist

8. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    2) People who belive in things that don't exist[/QUOTE]

Confused by this pet peeve........

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    1. 3 minute phone messages when the person waits until the BITTER end to say their #. My standard message is, "CALL ME BACK." and the #.

2. Overall decline in IQ of customer service personnel (across the board).

3. Anyone who drives like a moron and slows me down.

DL

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    People who don't use their blinker when they're turning; that irritates the crap outta me... i have an absolutely horrible short-term (and i guess long-term) memory... i hate when i can't remember something someone JUST said to me or where i JUST put something, only a few minutes prior... i hate when i buy Coke or a Hershey bar and they're stale... This bugs me like crazy...

11. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    OOOOOOOO God just reading this post makes me mad thinking of my worst one.

Ok for all you cigarette smokers out there.....

If you are going to a building that does not allow smoking do not walk up to the front of the door take a long drag off your cigarette, hold it in, flick your cigarette and walk in the door and just exhale all over the place. Nothing in this world ticks me off more. I run a small store and I had a guy come in and by the time he got to my desk you could still see the smoke coming out his freaking mouth. It ends up stinking after you leave to (imagine that). To all you smokers out there I got news for you and I'm sure you know it...us nonsmokers think that your breath stinks like **** when you walk up after your cigs. But then again you'll never understand why it offends us and all consider you have the right to do as you please so why am I bothering....ok that's my rant.:) I'm going to calm down.

12. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I HATE AMERICAN IDOL.

I just think that needed to be said. :)

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I hate when people dig up threads that were started years ago

14. Fred 02

Fred 02 Karting

Aug 12, 2004
    I hate it when your your on a date or with people and ask them where they would like to eat....they say they don't care so you ask if place A is fine... they then reply they don't want to eat there and then the cycle is repeated until your no longer hungry, haha.

But seriously, it irritates me when people are indecisive and then shoot down any reasonable idea!!

15. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    People who can't pronounce words right really piss me off

and...

STUPID FRIGGIN' RICERS WITH FART-CAN EXHAUSTS THAT I CAN HEAR FROM A MILE AWAY!

OK...time to cool down now.

16. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    People who blindly hating on others who can not pronounce really piss me off.

17. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    using a screen name that indicates/contains a car name/model that you do not actually own, piss me off.

for example, coming on ferrarichat, read someone's post, whose handle is enzo4ever or f50_king or red360CS or F355spider_guy or testarossa_gal or whatever ... scratching heads and thinking wtf is this person talking about, it doesnt make sense. then click on his/her profile and find out he/she is 17 yrs old and does not own a ferrari. wasted time reading non-sense.

18. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm trying to decide if I hate indecisive people. :)

19. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Ha, well I didn't want to wake all the re-post Nazi's. I thought I'd be commended for searching. :)

20. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    ...says the Nu Yawker

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Congratulations to chase18303 on his Commendation for Outstanding Thread-Of-Old-Awakening.

One of my pet peeves is complaints from book-burners about old threads being reawakened.

22. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

People who feel they have to police the road when they're not a cop. All those people who match speeds with a car in the slow lane, all those people who block people from getting to the exit. You're not a cop, you don't know why the person is doing what they're doing. Let them by and let karma be damnit.

Seriously now, I've made simple "**** I'm in the wrong lane" mistakes every once in awhile and appreciate it when people let me in. Hence why I always let people in. Life is so much nicer when you just relax on the road.

23. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    emessions testing, horn honking fools, the newspaper man delivers 2 papers to my house cause I got a circle drive and have to toss one everyday. Too many handicap parking spots and that they don't count in required parking. Dictator type code enforcing agents and planning comissions. Kids that you give a new car to and they don't maintain them or wash them at all.

24. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    All the IDIOTS who drive slower than me... And all the MANIACS who drive faster than me...

25. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

People that throw burning cigarettes out their car window. It's like for some reason throwing burning garbage out of your car window is acceptable. If I was a cop I could spend all day ticketing these people. Shouldn't the fine for throwing a burning object out of your car be very stiff?